monday night

Discussions about comedians and comedy in general go here.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
cbreez0101

monday night

Post by cbreez0101 »

hahaaa! i'm the first. monday night, it was cool, even though we didn't get in for the comedy. Shit... gareth and gpholms were funnier than anyone inside, i'm sure. it was like the 'snaps' forum, but in person. yowza!!!!

cb

photos coming...
Gareth

Re: monday night

Post by Gareth »

cbreez0101,

hahaha... you know! next week you gotta come earlier. ;p

gareth
Jennifer
White Honkey Bitch In Charge

Post by Jennifer »

Gareth,
Dude-that room sucked and that line-up would have beeen funnier at the police station!! We gotta find another place-can't wait to see you and GP on stage!!! ):)
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

Jennifer,

hahaha! you lucked out and came on a shitty night. i seen it pop off there a couple times.

i will admit it whole heartedly though.... for how pro that room should be... a couple of those comics were horrible. hehehe

gareth
Jennifer
White Honkey Bitch In Charge

Post by Jennifer »

Gareth,
A couple?!Dude -the entire line-up sucked except our COrey-the MC was sometimey funny but totally unprofessional-
and I think I know what's up with why there's was no material or real comedy-
There was no respect in that room for the craft-for the art of comedy-oh I saw their little attempts at Pryor humor-but I found them to be uncisciplined and not respecting themselves for what they were giving the audience!You could totally tell noone had worked hard on their routines-cause THERE WERE NO ROUTINES! Real low stuff-christ-I'm glad Richard didn't see that-that would have thourghly depressed him!
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

Jennifer,

i thought that guy ocean was pretty bad.... i never seen someone turn a room that sour so fast. the only laughs at our table were from me and goerge snappin on him amongst ourselves.

corey was really clever though. its funny... i just saw him on premium blend like 15 mins ago from posting this. hahaha

im a corey fan, thats for sure. anytime you wanna go back out, on any night. im always down for it.

gareth
jane_haze

Post by jane_haze »

You said "THERE WERE NO ROUTINES", in what way? Was it just like someone got up there and thought they were still at the bar? In what way did they suck? What were some of the worse comedy faux pas of the night?

Jane
I don't know Karate. But I know Ka-Razy!
garfy1974

Post by garfy1974 »

Yeah come on - I'm intregued too.
You get born, you keep your head down and you die - if you're lucky.
NickFlanagan

Post by NickFlanagan »

What's Cory Holcomb's style like? Have you performed there yet Gareth?
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

jane_haze,

well, one guy just keep talkin shit about this middle eastern girl in there.... and no one was really feelin it. sayin stupid shit like "middle eastern women smuggle bombs in their pussy... and you thought you had the bomb pussy."

he just kept diggin his grave the whole act. he was lame.

corey is funny. his act is about gettin pussy... but the way he puts a lot of stuff feels very honest. no bullshit about it. i saw him in the hallway before his set... and he is a nice guy. i mean... im a punk lil white kid, but he treated me with some respect. so i am certainly a fan.

gareth