Police taser crazy

Politics, religion, racism, sex, the weather... there's always lots to think about so there's always lots to talk about. Progressive ideas are encouraged but all opinions are welcome.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
bcddjjsc690

Police taser crazy

Post by bcddjjsc690 »

I just watched the video on the student tasered at John Kerry's Speech at the University of Florida by campus police, While finding reports on that incident I found another video involving a student at UCLA in California,Also tasered by campus police.
Also in the news is a tasering of a drunk woman who was tasered several times in Ohio ,by local police .
I understand once police are on site it's in your best interest to comply with law enforcement ,
But if it were not for the ability of bystanders to video these incidents ,i believe those involved would have been
brutalize even worse by the police ,
In not one of these incidents did the taser victim threaten or attempt to harm any other person .
From what I've watched in not one of these incidents did the police need to use this level of force.
But it did make me think of Kent State , if only the state police had tasers back then .
"you must be out-cho god-dammed mind "
tamra
Pryor's Planet Volunteer Extraordinaire

Re: Police taser crazy

Post by tamra »

bcddjjsc690,

and did u hear how the Kerry speech tasing got recorded? the guy tasered had just asked someone to hold his camera while he was asking a question. the person kept taping fortunately.

so let's see:
privacy - gone
right to bear arms - going, going, soon gone
right to assemble peacefully - going, going...
first amendment/free speech - approved on a case-by-case basis
fifth amendment (only available on Capitol Hill, everyone else goes to jail for contempt of court or obstruction of "justice")
right to vote - it depends on who is running and which state holds the deciding vote

yup, we're slowly undoing our constitution. and with the trillions in debt we're in now, we're in a prime position to be overtaken by a third-world country. then maybe some military will come along, overthrow it and let us set up a democracy 8-o

and you'd have to wonder which Kent State student would have made a significant difference in our world if not killed. *sigh*
---
huh? what? who? damn, I'm always the last to know.
EddieHill

Post by EddieHill »

tamra, A woman was body slammed and stomped on by a Chicago cop after she called the police to get help because she was being abused by a bar security guard. And the cop did not lose his job. I hate to say it , but I think our country will change hands by the time my son is an old man.
bcddjjsc690

Post by bcddjjsc690 »

tamra,
Utah police bag another one ,

- pl'
tamra

Post by tamra »

bcddjjsc690,

8-o I saw this on news this morning and was like WTH?? even tho the driver was being a little obnoxious and brave (becuz I wouldn't even talk to my momma that way), the driver was clearly walking away from the cop. the ticket was already written, plus video, so nothing more needed from the driver. and from what I understand, it is not required by law to sign a ticket. but, and this should be verified locally, the officer has right to haul driver to jail to appear in court if driver doesn't sign ticket.

but fucking tasering over a damn ticket?? 8-o
---
bcddjjsc690

Post by bcddjjsc690 »

tamra,
I saw it on cbs.com , and they interviewed the motorist,
after watching it , I felt the officer had seen into the car, saw the wife and child , why would he think the guy was going to run ? , he immediatly reached for his taser as opposed to reaching for his handcuffs as he requested him to turnaround and place his hands behind him .
The he lies to the other officer when describing the events.And the motorist does derserve some blame , by not knowing/realizing signing the ticket allows you to drive away and deal with this later, if you refuse to sign , you come downtown and we deal with it now .He wasn't exactly following the orders being yelled at him , but the cop still overreacted
tamra

Post by tamra »

bcddjjsc690,

ya damn skippy he overreacted. 8-o that was crazy. & he needed someone to taser his ass just for the hell of it.
---
hellifiknow

Post by hellifiknow »

bcddjjsc690,
Probably should keep my big mouth shut but I suppose it's no secret that I think most cops should be tasered with a 12 gauge. ]:o)

"boy, go get me something to beat your ass with" RP
bcddjjsc690

Post by bcddjjsc690 »

hellifiknow,
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22047054/ - officer found acted reasonably'

Bro , follow the cops instructions or get barb-be-qued , Bro
bcddjjsc690

Post by bcddjjsc690 »

bcddjjsc690,
Wichita Kansas, police admit to using a taser on a hearing impaired man , in his own home , just stepping out of his bathtub ,while responding to call about a shooting .

http://www.kwch.com/global/story.asp?s=7446220 - Man tasered in own home '