I need some help and Support here

Politics, religion, racism, sex, the weather... there's always lots to think about so there's always lots to talk about. Progressive ideas are encouraged but all opinions are welcome.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
abnormalandbitchy

I need some help and Support here

Post by abnormalandbitchy »

As i have said many times before I have a Special Needs son who is 6 Noah has Aspergers Syndrom,a form of autism and Mild mental retardation. THe county i live in has a policy that needs changed if you can help me out in sending a simple email or makeing a little call please do.

Dear Friends and Parents of Aspies, ASking for some support from you all.
Today I recived a Notice from My sons Service providers that there is a needed Policy Change in our local Public Library below I am copying the notice as is for you all to see. And if you can please make a call or send an email in to out local Mayor and Ask that a change be made.

"Dear Parents,
Recently an issue has been brought to our attention involving the Mountian Home Public Library,and we are needing your help to resolve the issue.

The Mountian Home Public Library has a policy stating that only one person be at a computer at a time, this would be fine if it wasnt for the fact that this excludes anyone with an disability needing help,from useing the computers.We recently addressed the Supervisor at the library about this conflict and asked if special arragements could be made for someone with disabilities to be able to have help at the computers with them and we were rudely told no. We were informed that they feel there is no reason to change this policy even though they are neglecting to follow the Americans With Disabilities Act to provide adequet accomodations for anyone with a disablity.We are asking that you help us by writing letters to the Library Board,, the Mayor, and even the Mountian Home Paper to get enough people involved to make a differance in their decission.There will be a library Counsel meeting on Jan4th and we are asking that all parents attend so that all our voices can be heard and our children can get the help they need. If you are Intrested in getting involved with this Please contact us at the Office for the address and phone numbers needed and we are looking foward to seeing you all at the library Counsel meeting.

Thanks Community Partnerships."

As you can see I really want to flood these people with emails phone calls and anything else I can get.Its enough that we fight daily to have our children involved in the community but now a library is helping to enforce to us that out Special Babies are not welcome in society!. this is truely unacceptable. So please if you can Email the Mayor or Call
Joe McNeal, Mayor.
587-2104 - Phone
clerk@ci.mountain-home.id.us. - Email

Library Board of Trustees
Kelly Everitt, Chairman
Kathy LeFevre, Vice Chair
Geoge Haynes, Secretary/Treasurer
Cheryl McMurtrey, Trustee
Claire Wetherell, Trustee
Richard Urquidi, City Council Liaison

587-4716 - Phone
or send email to lhouse@mountain-home.us