I'm thinking about going over to that side...

Information about animal rescue and adoption. Also, discussions and information concerning animal rights.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
jane_haze

I'm thinking about going over to that side...

Post by jane_haze »

I don't know why. Maybe listening to the Pryors, Paul McCartney (he gave me a high five Sunday night! I feel special...), or that this meat looks like it could hop away from my plate sometimes, but I'm seriously considering becoming a vegetarian.

A few times this year, I have almost felt like barfing after eating some of the meat. The first night I got to my host families house, they showed me the rabbits...and Christmas we ate the rabbits. :( I feel almost bad everytime I eat it...that was a poor living animal that I could never harm if I had to do it myself! :(

The main obstacle I have is when I get back to the US...ribs will be present. I'm from Memphis--we have a love affair with our pork. Any suggestions on how I could possibly curve my appetite for that stuff?

Later.
Jane
I don't know Karate. But I know Ka-Razy!
Jennifer
White Honkey Bitch In Charge

Re: I'm thinking about going over to that side...

Post by Jennifer »

jane_haze,
It is not easy, this whole vegitarian thing, but when I smelled some chicken at a very fine restaurant not too long ago, i almost was sick. And I just decided "I can't eat anything with a sweet face anymore."!!!!!!! 8-o
I quess, for me, the bottom line was: "if I love animals, how can I eat them?"
Not easy-though; you have to learn to be very creative; I am eating shrimp and scallops, things without a central nervous system. @.@
jane_haze

Post by jane_haze »

Jennifer,

So, basically, you just have to get in the mindset of not wanting to eat meat at all? I'm on that road with all of this German food that I've been eating.

And are you the type of vegetarian that won't eat eggs and milk and all that? Basically, what do you think is off limits for a veggie transition?

Jane :)
Jennifer
White Honkey Bitch In Charge

Post by Jennifer »

jane_haze,
That's a vegan and I'm not there yet-cause that's a major leap-i try to limit dairy anyway just cause it's sooooo dairy! German food would do it-yech-all that weirner and shnitzel! 8-o
jane_haze

Post by jane_haze »

Jennifer,

Alright. I'm not completely clear on the different levels of vegetarianism...not yet. I better get over to the nearest search engine....

Actully, the wursts and the schnitzels aren't making me think it over...it's the other strange meets.... I've had pidgeon/dove, bacon grease with spices on bread, ummm...lamb...and like I said, neighbor's rabbit. That's the stuff that I really, really am not being able to tolerate. Really disgusting.

I've never been a picky eater, but this country is gonna make me that way!

Jane :)