Reaper on CW channel

Discuss the latest news, TV programs, gossip or maybe you got an announcement to make.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
tamra
Pryor's Planet Volunteer Extraordinaire

Reaper on CW channel

Post by tamra »

this show was hysterical. and first episode was directed by Kevin Smith (Clerks, Dogma, etc)

man, I hope this show isn't cancelled. so wait, watch it! :)
---
huh? what? who? damn, I'm always the last to know.
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Re: The Reaper on CW channel

Post by bingolong »

tamra,
Yeah big Smith fan...and the show was good!!!
I went to Zimbabwe. I know how white people feel in America now; relaxed! Cause when I heard the police car I knew they weren't coming after me! 
tamra

Post by tamra »

bingolong,

I think it's re-airing tonight. finally something to watch on Tuesday! :) and since Arrested Development was cancelled this is one of the few new shows I can watch.
---
tamra

Post by tamra »

bingolong,

well, I'll be a *#%beep@&%!#beep-beep-beep!!!! <<<< u don't even wanna know what that said

but Caveman is being run opposite of Reaper! see what I mean, the things u want to watch are competing for same time, while crap you don't want to watch on multiple channels can fill up a whole night ]:o(
---
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Post by bingolong »

tamra,
You got lucky !! Caveman was at 8 and Reaper was at 9!!! Got me a DVR I am tired of missin the good shit!!!!!!!! LOL

Also that Latino kid can't catch a break....he gets burnt or stabbed every week so far!!! :lol:
I went to Zimbabwe. I know how white people feel in America now; relaxed! Cause when I heard the police car I knew they weren't coming after me! 
tamra

Post by tamra »

bingolong,

that is too funny! I said that when he was hit tonight. he's Rick Gonzalez, and even in the movie Coach Carter he couldn't catch a break until the end :lol: but his character is turning into Kenny from South Park. :lol: and I can't stop laughing at the "he'd want eyebrows" w/the marker from the hospital gift shop.

that whole Work Bench scenario is hilarious tho.

but yup glad the two shows are not competing w/each other afterall. Caveman was funny, esp. the grunting comment from realtor and the pretentious posers comment followed by ordering a custom machiato coffee
---
SJD

Re: Reaper on CW channel

Post by SJD »

tamra,

Yeah really dig Reaper too. I was interested in watching the caveman show because I really enjoyed the commercials. Thought thing that kept me hesitant was that I heard abc cancelled The George Lopez Show because of this and I really enjoyed his show. There has been petitioning so I don't know how that gonna go. The other reason is because I didn't know if they were going to use the same actors as in the ads and it seems as if the makeup budget has been lowered, probably for it just starting out and they might bring back the detail after it succeeds so who knows.

Yeah, the latin kid (Rick Gonzalez) always seems to be getting injured, and not only on Reaper and Coach Carter, but when they did the wrangling of the pledges and inituating in Old School I laughed so hard when he got knoced out from knowhere. ]:o)

Hey Bingolong? Which is it? Reaper is good... or was good. I say that because it sounds like it won't be around, and I want this show to last and not end like all the great but cancelled shows like Freaks and Geeks, Undeclared, Arrested Development.But from Freeks and Geeks came Judd Apatow and all the other people, actors who were around him and they're making all these funny great movies that are succeeding like 40 year old virgin, Knocked Up, Superbad, and Heayweights. Okay maybe Heavyweights didn't get that known, and that was ten years ago, and Judd Apatow is one of the many people who worked on it, but those he did work with on it later did more things together like Ben Stiller, Paul Fig, and some of the campers. So you could put it up there with the unrecognized damn good films. B-)

Another thing related to the Caveman was this little part I watched on this latenight weekend talkshow on fox with this guy Spike Feresten where he talked about abc trying to get the word out on the show and how they appeared on the view to stir some buzz. He then said that that he would "help promote" the show by getting attention, so he and I think other guy's got made up like the Cavemen and went around acting up, fliping off people, and trying to get into the Ivy just because they have a new show, which actually got some internet buzz mistaking them for the real cavemen and it got me laughing check it out.
It's at this link and he starts talking about it and shows the skit at minute 4:23. So you'll probably have to wait, be patiant and check the guy out..... or move the arrow to the minute 4:23 where it starts and watch it from there.

[Font size=6 face=i color=black]http://www.fox.com/fod/player.htm?show=talkshow - "Cavemen" acting up'[/font] :lol:

If it doesn't show go to the episode with Eddie Kaye Thomas.
[hr] This quote comes from a self description of one of the greatest wrestlers there is,[BR] Bret " The Hitman " Hart, and it very well is what Mr. Richard Pryor is to stand-up...

" The Best There Is...
The Best There Was...
and The Best There Ever Will Be!"
tamra

Post by tamra »

SJD,

:lol: wow didn't know about him Old School. gonna have to watch it again. it must be in Gonzalez's contract to get jacked up :lol:

8-o I didn't know the George Lopez show was cancelled completely. the show was getting bounced around so much since it's start. but it's all good, it's now in syndication on local and cable channels.

and u know I just assumed the same cavemen from the commercials would be on the show. I wonder what happened.
---
SJD

Post by SJD »

tamra and everybody,

If you didn't get to see the Caveman skit here it is again. This time there is two videos. The first one is a clearer cleaner version with the audiances reaction. It also has him talk about how the caveman show is promoting itself by going on the view and how he wants to "help" them to and doing some promoting too. It really got me laughing. They mess around and try to get into the Ivy due to their new Caveman show..... just watch.

When you go to the site you have to wait through a little ad and then you can drag the video indicater arrow to 4 minutes and 23 seconds into the video and that's where everything gets started. If it doesn't happen at that piont go to an episode listing and go to the Eddie Kaye Thomas episode.
I prefer this video better, it sounds clearer, video is sharper, and you get to here the audiance. Just click on the "promo" link below.....

[Font size=7 face=i color=green]http://www.fox.com/fod/player.htm?show=talkshow - Caveman "Promo" video'[/font]

...... Or if you want to, you can also watch this version too. The audiance reaction has been taken off and Spike Feresten's intro for doing the skit has been cut off. These aren't the astaul actors from the abc show, but Spike Feresten and people who work on his late satuday night talkshow on Fox. here it is again...

[Font size=4 face=i color=Black]Caveman "promo" awareness youtube video[/font]

....and yes I highly anticapate the next Reaper show.. just love it.
Peace Out!!! B-)
[hr] This quote comes from a self description of one of the greatest wrestlers there is,[BR] Bret " The Hitman " Hart, and it very well is what Mr. Richard Pryor is to stand-up...

" The Best There Is...
The Best There Was...
and The Best There Ever Will Be!"
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Post by bingolong »

SJD,
yeah I loved some of those showsthat got cancelled like Arrested Development!! Recently rented the whole season and got caught up on "Freaks and Geeks" with the Judd Apatow come up.
Great show only saw a few episodes when it was out but it left way before it's time. Only saw one episode of "Undeclared" before it was yanked...have it in my video queue now!!

So basically on the cancellation thing I feel ya. NBC put together a free DVD of some of their new shows that were pretty good ( Chuck Journeyman and Life) But me and my DVR can't keep up if we are not sure if these shows will be around.....hopefully they wilkl make it and I will get caught up with the DVD about this time next year