Lebron in the Finals..

Discuss the latest news, TV programs, gossip or maybe you got an announcement to make.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
tamra
Pryor's Planet Volunteer Extraordinaire

Re: Lebron in the Finals..

Post by tamra »

Appaloosa & Murphdogg,

ut ooh we dun did it now. :lol: the holy wars have begun.

the two people I knew then asked some other folks I don't know, then a big debate broke out with other folks jumping in.

so far it's still a dead heat with arguments for both sides: the 90s dynasty of the Chicago Bulls vs the 80s showtime Lakers.

and now I can't go to that coffee house again until things calm down :lol: so thanks! so Murph, umm u may not wanna set foot on the east coast, u started it. even some old ladies may hunt u down. 8-o :lol:
---
huh? what? who? damn, I'm always the last to know.
Appaloosa

Post by Appaloosa »

tamra,
:lol: :lol: :lol:
walrusjk

Post by walrusjk »

I truley believe the 80's Celtic teams were better than the Showtime Lakers of the 80's. Why? Because the Celtics had to go through 2 or 3 wars before they reached the finals so they could then play a Laker team that cruised there by beating western teams that sucked. The Laker's were the only good team in the west. Jordan's teams in the 80's got beat like drums and had to wait until Boston, Philly and Detroit got old. Hell I think the Bull teams of the 80's with Jordan on them would have beat his 90's Bulls teams.
tamra

Post by tamra »

walrusjk,

:lol: @ 80s Bulls with Jordan defeating his 90s Bulls. strong words, but that would be hard. because I saw Jordan play live several times with his 80s team. they were even getting beat by Golden State. so dunno
---
walrusjk

Post by walrusjk »

tamra,
Ya but the 86 bulls took the Celtics to triple overtime in the Garden but lost and a playoff game. You know the one... considered until recently the greatest game any individual player (Jordan) had. Bird said that the best team he ever saw in the NBA was the 86 Celtics.... Bird, McKale and Parish as the front line with DJ and Ainge in the backcourt with Walton coming off the bench....
Appaloosa

Post by Appaloosa »

walrusjk,
:lol: :lol: :lol:
EddieHill

Post by EddieHill »

walrusjk, Your right Joordan with Artist Gimore and the rest of the 80`s Bulls could beat the 90`s Bulls. The team to beat of all time is the Showtime Lakers. Robert Horry of the Spurs says his Spurs teams with Duncan are the greatest of all time. He has seven rings but he must have smoked seven joints before he said that shit because he is higher than a motherfucker.
tamra

Post by tamra »

EddieHill,

yup, Horry is definitely on that stuff. the good stuff. I can't believe he said that. maybe the interviewer caught him while he was sleeping and hugging his rings. :lol:
---
Murphdogg
Foot Kisser

Post by Murphdogg »

tamra,
nope nope nope, the bulls of the 90's in no way shape or form could of touched the Showtime Lakers.They were winning tittles in a watered down NBA. magic, Kareem, Worthy? not to mention bad ass role players like Coop? HELL NO.
Shane God Damned Murphy

shanescomedy.com
tamra

Post by tamra »

Murphdogg,

Jordan did enter the NBA in the mid 80s so he still had to play against the Showtime Lakers. so obviously he didn't make it then, because I think the Rockets, Jazz and Pistons became the next champions to beat.

sidebar: ain't that just sad about Ralph Sampson. the NBA needs to set up some kind of insurance plan to bail guys like this out. he couldn't read then, was pushed thru school for sports, his money was managed by others and he was hit with child support claims, including jailed for non-payment. now he's pretty much penniless.

I hate to see a legend go out like that. can you imagine Jordan, Bird or Magic penniless and barely making it. just something not right about that. 8-o
---