Summer Movies

Richard loved going to the movies...
So do we. Who doesn't like music?

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Re: Summer Movies-Hustle anf Flow

Post by bingolong »

Anditsdeeptoo,
yeah I got to get caught up...I heard Wedding Crashers was the funniest movie of the summer!!

I still have to see (but might have to wait for DVD):
Willy Wonka (per my younger sisters request)

Devils Rejects ( I got a group of cats that I check the scary movies with)
The Island
Bad News Bears
I went to Zimbabwe. I know how white people feel in America now; relaxed! Cause when I heard the police car I knew they weren't coming after me! 
Anditsdeeptoo

Post by Anditsdeeptoo »

bingolong,

Don't front!! Yeah right "Lil Sister" want's to see "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory". :lol:

Hey and don't sleep on march of the Penguins!!!!!
King of the Smilies

Post by bingolong »

Anditsdeeptoo,
awwman..... b.b :lol: :lol:

I keep hearing about the Penguins...might have to peep it eventually....
I went to Zimbabwe. I know how white people feel in America now; relaxed! Cause when I heard the police car I knew they weren't coming after me! 
dougdigitalpro

Post by dougdigitalpro »

bingolong,
Yeah, I think I'll wait on FF on DVD. I'm just not feeling it and after "War of the Worlds" which which was honestly garbage coming from who it came from, I'm gonna sit these summer flicks out this season. The only Marvel comic that I think has been done sincere justice is Spiderman and that's mostly leaning toward Pt. 2. Just give me Star Wars baby and I'm STRAIGHT!!! B-) On "The Island", I might go check that on the strength of Obi Wan who always puts in a good acting performance on whatever he does and Michael Bay who knows how to do a good action film. And it also runs real close with movies like THX 1138 and Logans Run, and I always dig flicks like that. Yeah, they shot a nice bit of the film in Detroit back in November and I watched them work on one day and saw Ewan McGregor and a lot of futuristic cars they used in the downtown scenes. Pretty cool stuff.
An artist who
plans to change the game and free minds!
Mister Gee

Post by Mister Gee »

dougdigitalpro,

I liked FF, it's lightweight just like the comic. The problem with a lotta Comic book films is that it is soooo difficult to please the fans. Whenever you make a film of a Comic character, you have to retell the story of how they got their powers for the people who don't know. But for most fans , this is the boring part, as they wanna see their character get straight into action.

That's what I liked about FF, is that the film didn't waste too much time in explaining how they got their powers. But I will agree with other sentiments about Dr Doom. In the Comic, Doom is the original Don-Dada, BADMAN!!! But In the film he came across as a spoilt millionaire!

Still, I hope that they make a sequel. Sequels of Comic films tend to be better, because the initial story has already been told, and you can just look forward to seeing action!

Peace gee
Bobby42

Post by Bobby42 »

Mister Gee is right. A lot of other folks must be right, too. FF came in #1 the first week of it's release and #3 the 2nd and 3rd week. It'll probably reach $175 million by Labor Day. Enough to merit a sequal.

Forget Dr. Doom. The character was obligatory for the origin. My first choice for the sequel includes Galactus and the Silver Surfer. Now that would do what Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan did for that franchise.
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Post by bingolong »

Bobby42,
Galactus B-)

I know the Phoenix is in the next X-Men but what about the Sentinels!!!! B-)
Bobby42

Post by Bobby42 »

bingolong,

That's how rich the material is for Marvel films. The Sentinels could figure huge for the X-Men. I surprised those giant mutant-hunting robots haven't been seen yet.
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Post by bingolong »

Bobby42,
Back when the Superfriends were hot it was all about Superman and Batman and the DC comic stable....and though Batman Begins was great,the Marvel Universe is killing DC period!!!
bumperhead

Post by bumperhead »

bingolong,
Yeah, but Marvel's starting to slip. I agree that Galactus, Silver Surfer, and the Sentinels could bring in some Oscar-worthy stories. They just gotta do it right. I think that the smartest move that Marvel has made is their recent deal with Paramount. Marvel is gonna do several characters' movies in-house, by themselves, and Paramount is gonna distribute. So, films like Captain America and Nick Fury should have total marvel control and crossover possibilities.