If it wasn't for Gene Wilder...

Discussions about comedians and comedy in general go here.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
Anditsdeeptoo

Re: If it wasn't for Gene Wilder...

Post by Anditsdeeptoo »

bcddjjsc690,

One word to describe Gene Wilder...

UNGRATEFUL

Post by jen »

Wilder is ungenerous, and a hypocrite. I've read the book he "wrote", and I can't blame Jennifer or pretty much anyone else named in it; he's got to be the most self-servingly arrogant, resentful, angry actor I've read anything by, ever. "Funny" that Richard has the rep as an "angry man"(which he's earned-honestly! as his wife points out), and Wilder has this loveable, "saintly" image...the fact is(and it is a fact)that Gene Wilder is an actor-NOT by any means the best actor ever, but within his rather limited range he can hit it. Pryor is a comedian as well as an actor. As a comedian, he's one of the all time greats, in the Pantheon. Gene Wilder, whom I've met, admits(at least)that he hasn't a funny bone in his body. And btw--it seems to me that Wilder's snobbish ermarks about drugs, and claiming that he hates them and NEVER used them are just that-"claims". There's a hell of a lot of truth missing from his sad little book... @.@
bcddjjsc690

Post by bcddjjsc690 »

jen,......point well made,....... calling him an actor ,I guess that's a fitting term. In his interview with Katie Couric , he mentioned writing the book was hard ,because there were people he didn't want to hurt,people and things that would be left out,and people that he didn't care what the consequence would be ...makes you wonder which group RP fell into.b.b .......

Welcome :)
"you must be out-cho god-dammed mind "
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Post by bingolong »

bcddjjsc690,
Yeah I saw that it was coming on "Today" that morn but didn't figure it was worth it being late to work to watch.....I see I was right!!!! ]:o(

I had to look the word [/i]sullen[/i]up I didn't know what the word meant actually!!I want to take this time paraphrase TMIC:

[/i]"I don't mind a motherfucker talking shit about me but don't be using know bullshit assed words at me when you do it.....sullen this motherfucka!!!!!"[/i] ]:o)

I don't think this shit really effects the legend of Richard Pryor though if you are aware of who he was.Think about it; Richard Pryor always stated his flaws on stage, interview, books etc. What can you really expose about Richard Pryor that Pryor didn't do pretty much throughout his career? We are talking about a man who told us the deepest parts of his drug abuse and more!!!

The bottomline fact is Gene is using the spin of things like this as a sell for his book because well lets face it Genes career wouldn't be halfway what it was without the collabs he did with RP...Though many people may know him for his Mel Brooks comedies and Wonka what else does he have after that to show for it?....his comedy pairing with Pryor!!Hell I wouldn't have even watched Wonka growing up if it wasn't for the fact that "it was the white dude that does the movies with Richard Pryor!"8-o ]:o)

But hell I could be misinformed....what do you guys think?
I went to Zimbabwe. I know how white people feel in America now; relaxed! Cause when I heard the police car I knew they weren't coming after me! 
larrysonnsdaughter

Post by larrysonnsdaughter »

It is so interesting to hear that RP and Gene Wilder weren't the best of friends. I hate to pick sides because I obviously wasn't there and I don't know all the details... ah, who am I kidding? I love you Richard!!!!! You will always be my number one!

Tina
bcddjjsc690

Post by bcddjjsc690 »

larrysonnsdaughter, first of all welcome !! :)
2nd ,go to the column titled JENNIFER'S TALIKN SHIT
to get the details/411 from someone who was there!.

My post is just me expressing my irk ,for a 2nd class actor who seems to be trying to put himself first,where others ,much more talented than him, have bowed gracefully in respect.
billyb0y

Post by billyb0y »

bingolong,
I remember an old saying.......If we didn't have assholes we'd be shitting out of our.......oh nevermind @.@
It's just me being me
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Post by bingolong »

billyb0y,
]:o)
I went to Zimbabwe. I know how white people feel in America now; relaxed! Cause when I heard the police car I knew they weren't coming after me! 
bcddjjsc690

Post by bcddjjsc690 »

billyb0y, bellybuttons???
:lol:
billyb0y

Post by billyb0y »

bcddjjsc690,
Billybuttons!!!!
It's just me being me