June 7, 1980

Use this forum to share your poems or lyrics, or just to post thoughts and opinions in verse.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
christopherj

Re: June 7, 1980

Post by christopherj »

Jennifer,
i fear you have got the wrong idea about my responses, i never intended to offend you, it was simply me expressing my feelings, if i have angered you then i apologise. I have no disease so i therefore have no need to express issues of it anywhere, i was trying to explain a bit about myself but i can see this is no place to do that, i will take my opinions and leave, good luck in your life
regards
chris
Jennifer
White Honkey Bitch In Charge

Post by Jennifer »

christopherj,
it simply rubbed me the wrong way-because it became a discussion about the disease and the user and the focus, in this poem, is on the me/the other person/ who is also affected by the horrible disease...so often forgotten in the process of the destructive journey...
in other words, it is not all about the junkie---or the disease...
we are made of stronger stuff here, but if you leave, good luck to you as well.
sweetv

Post by sweetv »

Jennifer,
I too have felt the same pain as you as being the "other person" in a drug addicted world. It is a world that is just so undescribable unless you yourself have been there to experience it. I too feel that those aroud the abuser are totally forgotten and the pain that they experience becomes as though it doesnt exist and the ones that are affected to most are the children if involved.
abnormalandbitchy

Post by abnormalandbitchy »

Jennifer,
i love this poem as you know my moms still a junkie slowly passing the days by with needles and pills the whole time the doctors are telling her she only has a few months to live and your right we as family suffer to as we are the only ones that are seeing the damage junikes do to themselvs
many times i have had to rush my mother to a hospital due to over doses i have called 911 i dont know how many times i sent my hole life waiting to find her dead when i was a child and now i spent my days waiting for"the call"as an adult it is a diease but not a personal one for anyone who knows it touched me so much when you spoke of him holding the pipe so tenderly i am glad he is strait now and you can tenderly hold one another unfortunetly i am still alone without a mother as i have always been
Behind every beautiful thing there is some kind of pain - Bob Dylan
Jennifer
White Honkey Bitch In Charge

Post by Jennifer »

abnormalandbitchy,
I am sorry for your pain; your situation is exactly what I am talking about: the ones left in the wake-what aobut them and their pain? It is the most selfish diseases...
abnormalandbitchy

Post by abnormalandbitchy »

astonamous,
i have learned that sometimes all you can do is move on and live life the best you can and keep praying for the ones you love
let me know next time you pass through.
Behind every beautiful thing there is some kind of pain - Bob Dylan