RIP, Mr. James!

Discuss the latest news, TV programs, gossip or maybe you got an announcement to make.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Re: RIP, Mr. James!

Post by bingolong »

dougdigitalpro,
Did either of you see the BET awards a few weeks ago?He performed and introduced an award.He came back out after somebody won an award and said on the mike
"for the girl backstage who didn't know who I was.....[/i]I'm Rick James Bitch!![/i]"

He stole the show.What a great note to go out on!! :)
I went to Zimbabwe. I know how white people feel in America now; relaxed! Cause when I heard the police car I knew they weren't coming after me! 
dougdigitalpro

Post by dougdigitalpro »

bingolong,
Naw, man. I missed it and keep missing when they broadcast it. It actually looked kinda boring this year so I wasn't hyped to see it. But I would love to see that clip.
An artist who
plans to change the game and free minds!
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Post by bingolong »

dougdigitalpro,
Yeah I felt the same way and I didn't watch when it first aired.But people kept telling it had highlights like the Rick James procclaimation and when Slick Rick and Doug E. Fresh performed.Those two instances made me check it out.
I went to Zimbabwe. I know how white people feel in America now; relaxed! Cause when I heard the police car I knew they weren't coming after me! 
mayn00

Post by mayn00 »

bingolong,
Hey i saw the awards show! Rick was the best part, cuz i wanted him to saw that quote and he did. I t was funny to watch the audience laugh. My grandma thaght he was really mad, but i was tellin her it was from the chapelle show, which she did see also.
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Post by bingolong »

mayn00,
Yeah it was great my only thing was it seemed like Monique was stepping over his joke or something like either she didn't know about the Chappelle Show skit or she was trying to steal some of his thunder...I don't know just rubbed me wrong, but the crowd did go crazy when he said that shit!!! :lol:
jermainebailey

Post by jermainebailey »

dougdigitalpro,

WHATS UP DARKNESS!!!
I'M RICK JAMES, BITCH! :lol:

Hope they're still doing the flick about him...and DV is the shiznic! The new film Collateral is shot in high digital! Give it a few years...35mm will be out...Thank God cause the crap is too damn expensive! My new filck is gonna be in digital! Just need a good cinematographer this time...Still hunting the one who shot my last filck...really wanna F--k him up!!!
JTF
XXX

Post by JTF »

bingolong,

My g/f was watchin some news channel on Saturday morning and they actually called Rick "An inspiration to the black community..."

Either the whole idea of celebreties as role models is overrated, or I think we have identified the problem with black communities...
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Post by bingolong »

JTF,
Damn..... 8-o 8-o :( :( :lol:
Jennifer
White Honkey Bitch In Charge

Post by Jennifer »

bingolong,
Ok-the obit's say Rick had three kids, two grand-kids-does anyone know if the wife split---???
dougdigitalpro

Post by dougdigitalpro »

Jennifer,
I know one of the kids is really young. He should be around 8-9 now. I believe he was married when he did the VH1 Begind the Music thing. I don't know if he stayed with her though. That was about five years ago.
An artist who
plans to change the game and free minds!