Last Nights gig 5-21-04

Discussions about comedians and comedy in general go here.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
smjmcomic

Last Nights gig 5-21-04

Post by smjmcomic »

Its funny before I got in stage I was nervous I'm always nervous But I was shaking and pacing back and fourth. But you know whats funny? once I got on stage it wasent that bad I just went right in to my set the crowd seemed a bit odd they would laugh at some things I said but I could tell some of my jokes kinda offended some (Oh Well ;p ) I guess I did pretty good they want me back on June 4th I'm gona have a whole NEW SET!! Comedy boot camp begins Monday.I'm taking the weekend off cuz my girlfriend gets back into town tomarow and its her b-day Sunday.

Ok so its 5:18 am and I havent went to bed yet I tried but I can't sleep I have been writting and gathering notes so I'll have an idea of what direction I wanna go.

Jenn and Vee were so verry kind to come out and see me what sweet hearts thay are. Really that means alot to me ):) I'm so lucky to have such great friends. Mister Tee was there I got to meet him if he was anything like he is in person on the bored he would be well liked I guess when he logs on his logic logs off :lol: I bullshited with him outside the club for a bit you would never belive he was The Tee I guess he's one of those people who can turn it off and on :lol:

HEY GUESS WHAT!?!? I made $25 bucks today I know its not alot but I made it doing what I love and t I don't care if it was 25 cents if you do comedy for the money then your doing it for all the wrong reasons. But I don't wanna live with mom and dad forever so I'd like to make a good living off of comedy I'll I'm trying to say is ITS ALL ABOUT THE ART MONEY COMES 2ND!

Man I felt great up there I was having fun no fear but FUN! I hated to see that Red Light come on. I think I might be cut out for comedy after all. I'm living my dream and I can't be any happer :)

One thing I'm quickly finding out is one of the worst things about doing comedy is having to deal with other comics with big ass egos thay can't back up worth a shit. Tonight at the show there was a comic by the name of Darrell Carter and I really enjoyed his set and after he came off stage I told him that I loved his set and went to shake his hand and then then MOTHER FUCK GAVE ME A LOOK LIKE I WAS NOBODY AND WALKED RIGHT PASSED ME! I told Mister Tee about and he said that Darrell's been on Comic View and other comedy shows and you know what? I DON'T CARE IF YOU HAVE BEEN ON THE FUCKING MOON YOU DON'T TREAT PEOPLE LIKE SHIT!! All I can say is Karma!!

Another highlight of the night was a young lady god I can't remeber her name (We'll all know it someday) Well she was the last comic of the night and boy she is funny. I was rolling hopefuly she'll sign up Jenn gave her the info to join up here hopfuly she will. GO SEE HER ACT!!

I really want to thank Jenn and Vee again for coming out you guys made me feel all special and shit its great to have such suport and I really want to thank everyone on the bored who has given me suport and kind words such people as Sweet L, Trudy, Bingo, John, Gholmes, Nick, jane_haze, rsmayton and Doug. If I forgot anybody I'm so so sorry I have a million thoughts running in my head :lol: All Good :)

YOU GUYS MEAN THE WORLD TO ME AND I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!

even mister tee
"I'm on the Zoloft to keep from killing y'all"

Mike Tyson
smjmcomic

Re: Last Nights gig 5-21-04

Post by smjmcomic »

smjmcomic,

I had to have made mistakes on this but fuck it its 6am I'll edit when I wake up :lol:
"I'm on the Zoloft to keep from killing y'all"

Mike Tyson
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Post by bingolong »

smjmcomic,
That's cool as hell!!!Proud of you boy!!!Keep doing the damn thing and maybe you'll be the next Ralphie May!!!!:lol: :)
Congrats on #700!!! :)
I went to Zimbabwe. I know how white people feel in America now; relaxed! Cause when I heard the police car I knew they weren't coming after me! 
NickFlanagan

Post by NickFlanagan »

Shawn,

Sound like it went pretty well. Mad kudos! $25 is great. Yes, other comics can sometimes be jerks. It's probably just their fear of failure manifesting itself in an annoying way. Good to hear you're back in the saddle, and that Jenn, Vee and Tee came out! What's your next move?
Jennifer
White Honkey Bitch In Charge

Post by Jennifer »

smjmcomic,
Well, we thought you were geat and it was wonderful watching you relax with every second; you are a natural-and the audience really embraced you-you are very likable on stage! And funny! Yeah-some stuff-may have offended but keep going and you'll figure out what works and what you
feel comfortable with!
It was so great to finally meet you!
SMJ is adorable folks!
And Darrel Carter, well, he wishes he had a set that was nearly as good as yours! I thought he sucked!
I liked Kimberly Clark, the girl at the end. She talked about interracial relationships and being a black woman-I loved her truth and her observations were hilarious;
you are in good company.
ANd folks, Mistertee ran away from me and Vee; he told SMJ-"I better leave before you point me out to Jennifer."
I would have liked to see him in the flesh-SMJ says he's a Teddy Bear.
You rock SMJ-and $25-bucks is awesome!!!!!!!! We love you back and we support you 100%!!!!
And you are right smj, the neighborhood did look like Irag-lol-put in in your act as per your idea!
JTF
XXX

Post by JTF »

smjmcomic,

ALRIGHT SHAWN!!! You did it! Wish I coulda been there.
gpholms

Post by gpholms »

smjmcomic,
Hey buddy sorry I missed your show i had a go up last nite too.

Hey keep up the good work and if you offend people fuck them its just comedy! shit im going to the next show count me in just let me know whats up and if you want to take a trip to the O.C and hit up the mic just let me know anything for the PRYOR FAMILY.

ps isnt VEE beatiful!

LAAAAAATE!
rsmayton

Post by rsmayton »

smjmcomic,

Way to go brother. I'm sure you revved it up. You're on your way. I'm ready for the tour!!! Congratulations!!!

Spencer
You want to buddy somthin',Buddy up on this here!
Jennifer
White Honkey Bitch In Charge

Post by Jennifer »

gpholms,
Put up your sked and we'll try to get to see you!!
I'm going to the Comedy Store this wed to check out a comic--
cire

Post by cire »

Congrats. Sounds like you're going in the right direction. Keep doing your thing. Don't sweat ol' boy walking past you like that. fuck him.
"And the Prayer is...How Long, will this shit go on?"