coming to La this summer

Discussions about comedians and comedy in general go here.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
Murphdogg
Foot Kisser

coming to La this summer

Post by Murphdogg »

Some of my associates are moving to LA for the summer to give the la comedy scene a run and I'll probably go down and stay with them a couple of weeks, wanted to know if you knew some good open mics to hit up while down yonder.
Shane God Damned Murphy

shanescomedy.com
tis2flyyy

Re: coming to La this summer

Post by tis2flyyy »

Murphdogg,
Yea, at the Mixed Nuts on Washington Blvd in LA and at the Townhouse in Ladera Heights.

Mixed Nuts is exactly what the name says - a mixture of nutty ass people from all races, colors and creeds. Likes to have FUN up in there and is the place to be!

The Townhouse is in Ladera Heights, the Black Beverly Hills. So you have the bougie people up in there, sitting all stoic faced and shit, like they have a stick up their asses or something. Can't laugh and shit. I can not stand that crowd. But the club is very nice and has excellent comedy acts.

Also, at the American Legion, where I am a member, we have freestyle comedy on Thursday nights. But the post that I am a member of is in the hood, in the Rolling 60's area (gansta crip). So you might not want to come over there on your own. Maybe with a couple of homies or essay's yea, but by yourself, I would not recommend it.

& not because you are caucasion, but because you look NOTHING like a gang banger! :p :lol:

That, in a veiled sort of way, was a compliment.

Those are all of the spot that I know of.

But I will ask the homey's and see what they say and post back up in here, ok!

Oh, and I KNOW you are going to let me at least meet you while you are here. WORD!
Where is the LOVE?
Murphdogg
Foot Kisser

Post by Murphdogg »

tis2flyyy,
lol, I'm used to being the only caucasion in alot of the clubs I play up in norcal but lawwwwdy I've never played in the rollin' 60's hood. Luckily all my homies that are moving up there and getting a house for the summer ain't white so I'll hide in the middle of them. and if anyone tries to step up to shane goddamned Murphy...I'll curl up in the fetal position and weep uncontrollably.
Shane God Damned Murphy

shanescomedy.com
Murphdogg
Foot Kisser

Post by Murphdogg »

Murphdogg, I may be coming down once a month or so, My mentor went down for a well known comedianne named Linelle's bday and did a set while down in a la and slammed it, he thinks it's time our crew started coming down once or so a month to get in the mix. So by god maybe I'll meet some of you la pryor fans by god, na u giiiiiiiiiiiit.. I said GIT.
Shane God Damned Murphy

shanescomedy.com