Mitch Hedberg

Discussions about comedians and comedy in general go here.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
robfharris

Mitch Hedberg

Post by robfharris »

I just got an email from a good friend of Mitch Hedberg. Mitch passed away Tuesday. No word on how. Mitch has been my favorite comedian to watch for the last few years. God Bless and thank you Mitch for making me laugh.
Now that Johnnie's gone, I guess I should start being nice to the cops.
mojones

Re: Mitch Hedberg

Post by mojones »

robfharris,

Man, you gotta be kidding me!!!!! I hope this is a case of mistaken identity!!!! Hedberg couldn't have been a day older than 35. Please say it ain't so!!!
robfharris

Post by robfharris »

mojones,
People have been talking about it as a rumor since last night. I held out until I heard from the one person I know that knows him. Seems it is so.
People are spreading what they "think" he died of, there is no official word. He is scheduled to be at the Improv in Baltimore this week, the Improv has said they will be calling all people with reservations this afternoon, that is there only statement.
I hope this is a bad rumor, Mith Hedberg is a comic that every comedian and comedy fan, that I know, was cheering for and praying he would be around for a long time.
One thing about the world of comedy, when one falls, we all feel it.
mojones

Post by mojones »

robfharris,

I hate this. Hedberg is missed already. After listening to comedy for ahile, most stand-ups begin to sound alike. Not Hedberg. He was anything but monotonous and predictable. b.b
Jennifer
White Honkey Bitch In Charge

Post by Jennifer »

robfharris,
damn---how??
mojones

Post by mojones »

Jennifer,

I still haven't been able to confirm anything. I went to Hedberg's website and nothing was said about it. That's odd considering Rodney Dangerfield's site mentioned it when he passed away. I went to the alt.standup site and there's a thread there suggesting Hedberg's "death" was drug related.
robfharris

Post by robfharris »

Jennifer,
There are rumors going around. I'm not asking, seems like some info will be given this afternoon. We all know about his struggle.
Whatever it was... we lost another good one.
mojones

Post by mojones »

robfharris,

I just left the alt.standup site and apparently it's a hoax. WavyG is Hedberg's screen name and he started a thread mentioning that it isn't true...
robfharris

Post by robfharris »

mojones,
Comedy Central, has a memorial up.
amp-d

Post by amp-d »

robfharris,

I have been calls about him from comics in Seattle. I hope this is a premature April Fools joke. He is a funny MF, and is nice as hell.
Dracula, what kind of name is that for a niggah!

Richard Pryor-GOAT