Moment Of Truth

Discussions about comedians and comedy in general go here.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
Jermane S

Re: Moment Of Truth

Post by Jermane S »

Well the results are in, I did alright. Thanks for your support and ideas. I wasn't even really nervous like I thought I would be. There were about 200 people there which is a good sized crowd. At one point, I drew a blank though, and I could feel the tension as everybody waited for whatever was next. I was starting to smolder, burst into flames. That 10 or 15 seconds seemed like an hour. Then I saved myself by doing a Bubba Gump impersonation. The host was very surprised that I had never performed before and ensured me that I would do fine in the field, said I had a lot of confidence. What helped me was knowing that even a seasoned comic feels anxious at every gig. I just did my thing and I loved it. Happy New Year, people!
jane_haze

Post by jane_haze »

Jermane S,

Rock on for getting up there! And at the Comedy Connection...I've never even been more north of Pennsylvania, but I've heard of that club. That's some pressure.

I'm glad you did well. It feels good, don't it?

:)
I don't know Karate. But I know Ka-Razy!
Jermane S

Post by Jermane S »

jane_haze,

Hell yeah, it felt great. The moment the host called my name I knew that I was finally going for something that I've only thought of, but never had the webos (did I spell that right?) to do. And hearing the crowd laugh is what it's all about.....addicting isn't it? :)
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Post by bingolong »

Jermane S,
Congrats!!! B-)
I went to Zimbabwe. I know how white people feel in America now; relaxed! Cause when I heard the police car I knew they weren't coming after me! 
jane_haze

Post by jane_haze »

Jermane S,

huevos, I think the word is.
I don't know Karate. But I know Ka-Razy!