New Documentary with Richard

The latest from THE Richard Pryor... news, events, collector's items and more!

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
danithag

New Documentary with Richard

Post by danithag »

Cant wait to see it, finally some new stuff with Richard.

A new feature-film documentary about the pioneers of American stand-up is in the works.
Filmmaker R.J. Cutler has bought the movie rights to the recently-published hardback Comedy At The Edge, which charted the early careers of such stars as Steve Martin, Richard Pryor and George Carlin.

The book, subtitled, How Stand-Up in the 1970s Changed America, was written by Richard Zoglin, a senior editor at Time magazine.

Cutler told showbiz trade journal Variety: ‘His combination of anecdotal storytelling and reporting and interviews with all of the subjects... just brings the whole era to life.’

He added that Zoglin has access to several decades' worth of ‘extraordinary’ archive footage, which could feature in the movie – alongside interviews with the key players.

‘Most of these figures are still alive today and have amazing stories to tell,’ Cutler added. ‘Stand-up comedy has never gotten the attention it deserves as a cultural force and an American art form.’
Appaloosa

Re: New Documentary with Richard

Post by Appaloosa »

danithag,
do you know when this is coming out?
danithag

Post by danithag »

Appaloosa,

No i dont know. Hopefully soon. Its about time somebody put out some new stuff with Richard. I also heard that when he hosted saturday night live he had two long monoluges. I wonder why now body put this out. Am surw they must have filmed it.
Jennifer
White Honkey Bitch In Charge

Post by Jennifer »

danithag,
Zoglin asked to speak to me a few years ago...he had not one piece of research...nada, ziltch..on RP...I told him to 'loose my number'----
archival footage? not on RP...unless he wants a lawsuit!
danithag

Post by danithag »

Jennifer,

On youtube I have found several clips with Richard that I have not seen anywhere. There was something he did at the improv, that seems to be around that niggers crazy days, and also something he did on the Merv Griffin show. Why dont anybody gather all this unseen fotage and give it out on a dvd? I also read he did two long sets on saturday night live and am sure they must have filmed it. Like with The Richard Pryor show, and that long mudbone routine thats extra material. Its fantastic to see that, and am sure there must be a lot of unseen footage out there?
Murphdogg
Foot Kisser

Post by Murphdogg »

Jennifer,
I had one guy block me from messaging on his myspace page cause I kept telling the peole that it wasn't richards official page.
Shane God Damned Murphy

shanescomedy.com