A Journey on the road with my buddy Spirit!

Tell us why you love dogs. If you hate dogs, get the fuck out.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
Beemerchef

Re: A Journey on the road with my buddy Spirit!

Post by Beemerchef »

[img]http://beemerchef.smugmug.com/photos/i- ... tK9W-L.jpg[/img]

Escaping Big Bend Park! TX

What is really in a Title? Not much when a week goes on with so many activities. So much so that an escape to Big Bend Park became a must only to feel invaded by the mega Tourists and escape within such little time spend. Spring Break is around the corner, I should know better, will have to be patient for another 10 days or so. Yet in Terlingua, surrounded by familiar faces, the Music goes on. This time around was a Classical Music Quartet with an unusual and very funny opening monologue and a contemporary piece ending the encore. It is that time however to as I call it “tighten up” and organize some order so we can leave sooner than later. Little details while Internet is present in profusion, moving hundreds of Gigabytes of footage of videos and photos from one space to another, catching up on some e mails, maintenance, once a year the list goes on and on and seems to be greater than the year before as much as I try to keep all so simple. It is a bit like an invasion wondering where all this “stuff” and “chores” came from! There is no escape.
Enjoy the videos, there are a few.

Be well, always.

Ara and Spirit

7th Year, the Stars, living under them…

www.theoasisofmysoul.com The Journal
Beemerchef

Post by Beemerchef »

[img]http://beemerchef.smugmug.com/photos/i- ... 7JM8-M.jpg[/img]

“Live Life” or “Social Media”? TX

Some might find my writing being at times controversial, it is not it's purpose or object to be as such. Sometimes thoughts have a tendency to crawl in and agitate a present situation as it happened not so long ago. I only know about these two sides of a wall when loosing touch with Friends too busy trying to gain a spot so seeked by too many within this saturated arena of the “Social Media Saloon” for a “throne” of an unfounded importance so superficial it made me wonder why?
I still don't know about those “why's”! Why give up one's own Life, the riding it could be, the hiking or for that matter any other self indulged activity to instead “do it” to only bring on the advertising as such of a “look at me” syndrome.
The “screen warriors” are of so many, at one point they will and do loose touch with themselves only caring for that seat so seeked perched up there in the middle of nowhere having lost the true feel of a ground, of an Earth bouncing back so intimate it's own feelings.
Just some thoughts, nothing else.
The “balance” of it all I find as the daily key for a smooth path mapped with much self awareness. Sometimes it is hard as the turmoil of the fonts can too easily absorb one's mind versus just “being out there” for one's self with much growth and true feelings slowly imprinting the present mind.

Be well, always.

Ara and Spirit

7ht Year, the Stars, living under them…

Beemerchef

Post by Beemerchef »

[img]http://beemerchef.smugmug.com/photos/i- ... MgMZ-M.jpg[/img]

The Faith of a wounded Warrior [Fiction]

How did some fiction made it's way into this Journal? How did writing in a previous chapter entailed my thoughts about cuddling?
Many aspects of this Luxurious Life make their ways into words I feel freely expressing. Maybe they have no convergence of parallel with riding or other aspects of what many might think, yet, they do. Time, “that” luxury, that one, makes the mind run into so many different directions while riding, camping, cooking, playing with Spirit, spending time with true Friends, attending some Music played so freely never too far, watching the skies painted by Mother Nature throughout Sunrises and Sunsets, calendar and clock having vanished long time ago, all conductive for such thoughts.
It is Life to the fullest. They are the inner thoughts taking place as maybe I do not have room for a dry “ride report” not being too concerned how many miles and hours we have ridden, what time we last ate.
Sometimes it is a question asked by a Friend such as “Don't you miss cuddling?”, or maybe it is the heat of this Desert which made me think about a short fictional story. Then again, is it truly all fiction?

Be well, always.

Ara and Spirit

www.beemerchef.smugmug.com The Photos
Beemerchef

Post by Beemerchef »

[img]http://beemerchef.smugmug.com/photos/i- ... 2jhS-L.jpg[/img]

One more “Star” is shining. Munich. Germany

I will be here in Munich for another couple weeks. Life is indeed a ride, sometimes as now absent of words I can barely pronounce. It only takes one phone call when part of a Family as ours scattered around the World. Last Monday was of a somber one my Mother having had a stroke and a heart attack. Yesterday, on the 12th of April, in Peace, in Dignity, with no pain and long good byes I can now watch for another Star in the skies.
Not much else to share within these times besides some thoughts which I always continue writing for myself and now to share with my Friends.

You stay well, an extra hug for your Family today, don't ever let the present escape you.

Ara and Spirit

Beemerchef

Post by Beemerchef »

[img]http://beemerchef.smugmug.com/photos/i- ... ZVJc-L.jpg[/img]

What to say?

The inevitable happens as we all so well know.I heard this short story the other day. They were the thoughts of a departed one. "I was happy before I was born within that space none of us remember. My Mother then on gave me Birth and I lived daily going through the Chapters of this Life and it's endless lessons, it's peaks and valleys and all in between. I am gone now, again, having done my time, happy to have rejoined my previous space and my loved ones awaiting for me in the meantime". It is a good sensible story, no harm believing it. It helps me thinking and feeling that now my Mother has passed on back to where she came from. Most likely with Lance, my Grand Parents and a myriad of ancestors brightening up the stars at night watching down as I myself still turning the pages of these interminable lessons.
I am still in Munich for a couple more days dealing with a bureaucracy that has the script of a deepest nightmare one can imagine filled with frustration trying to obtain some legal and official documents. Will they ever let her rest in Peace?
Spirit is well taken care of in Texas. I will be moving him soon to Colorado Springs where more Friends will take care of him while I need to fly back and put an end to this chapter.
The weekdays are filled with appointments meaning a calendar and a watch. The weekends Museums to keep my mind occupied. BMW and Rolls Royce Museum, The Deutsches Museum. I did post many photos throughout these past couple Journal entries.
Thank You all for your kind thoughts and well articulated words I have been receiving.

Ara and Spirit

Beemerchef

Post by Beemerchef »

[img]http://beemerchef.smugmug.com/photos/i- ... bQHg-M.jpg[/img]

“Happy Mother's Day”. Tucson. AZ

The Journey runs it's course. The path is often a smooth trail, the colors bright, Mother Nature our guide from shore to shore, from the valleys to the peaks with the barren Deserts in between, anything and everything one could wish when filled with a luxury acquired over time called “freedom”. Yet, as the fabric of Life dictates, such “freedom” is sometimes only a pigment of our imagination when facing another path filled with obstacles we must surmount, the path of “grieving”. A not so foreign one for many, one we must adapt for the times to come if we ourselves want to survive it's consequences. It is “Mother's Day” today and ironically on the same date a month ago I was saying my good byes to my own Mother at this very time when her own path decided to end, that is physically as I know and believe strongly her “Spirit” will always continue on tucked in with us on this Journey for as long as myself will be allowed to do so. With Friends in Tucson today, on our way to Colorado Springs to fly back to Munich one more time for two weeks, this is where we are in the midst of a beautiful backyard filled with the colorful in bloom flowers one needs today. Moments are still mixed up, words are not lining up as they use to, my strength comes and goes, questions with no replies arise helplessly, the logic of it all has been set aside. It will not be till early June for the shade of the boulders I seek. In the meantime, one moment at the time with small and short tentative steps we move forward as we must.

Ara and Spirit

www.beemerchef.smugmug.com The Photos
Beemerchef

Post by Beemerchef »

http://beemerchef.smugmug.com/photos/i- ... FQtP-L.jpg

“Wasatch~Cache National Forest” [Utah]

The open roads once again welcome us lining the path toward those steps, the ones of grieving I will one by one climb surely as I have before. Two months has gone by which only feels as it has been as a blink of an eye. The fog of these past weeks is slowly rising to make way of a canvas “Mother Nature” and deserted roads are generous with for the tired mind and soul. Spirit is back by my side with now his bell on, a sound so sweet as he is himself. We are headed North, from Colorado to Utah and now in Idaho towards Portland where “Crusty” will be fitted with some new shocks much needed for off road riding in a bit of a smoother fashion. The Mountains at elevations above Bear Lake are a new find for us criss crossed by miles and miles of unpaved roads and welcoming camp spaces free for the taking. Peaceful, silent, everything we missed these past weeks is now again here adapting toward such an unexpected turn of events. “Adapting” being the key word as everything else in Life seemingly is. Much sleep, riding, cooking, seems all is on the menu for these present days.
More on the Journal.

Till next time...

Ara and Spirit

tamra
Pryor's Planet Volunteer Extraordinaire

Post by tamra »

Beemerchef,

wow! beautiful pics that I always enjoy :-)
---
huh? what? who? damn, I'm always the last to know.
Beemerchef

Post by Beemerchef »

[img]http://beemerchef.smugmug.com/photos/i- ... F6v5-L.jpg[/img]

Bruneau Dunes, Idaho.

The Journey is taking on some certain steps of continuity since I have been back, all at the same time dealing with an emptiness Mother Nature is offering to fill. Some days it works, some days not. The time spend at Bruneau Dunes I must say have been favorable to the senses with their vastness both on land and in the skies while being treated to storms and wind and rains. My favorite components. There was no choice but camping in the State Park, it was a quiet one and showers are always welcome as were the friendly faces of the locals. It is all around a vast network of unpaved roads as I call them “to nowhere”. The more “nowheres”, the better. It feels good to be out, breath the fresh air and just contemplate this World of ours go by forever now slowly without too much of a spin. A quick detour then on to “Priest River” camping and fishing with some good Friends and soon on back Eastward, most likely going for the “Stanley” area, trying to find an out of the way space for the Fourth of July, a time of the year always very populated.
More on the Journal...

Till next time...

Stay well.

Ara and Spirit

tamra
Pryor's Planet Volunteer Extraordinaire

Post by tamra »

Beemerchef,

please keep us updated at the new forum https://richardpryor.com/forums - richardpryor.com/forums'. and can I use your dog's pic for "We Love Our Dogs" forum pic?

thanks! :)
---
huh? what? who? damn, I'm always the last to know.