He ain't as dumb as he looks...

Tell us why you love dogs. If you hate dogs, get the fuck out.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
JTF
XXX

He ain't as dumb as he looks...

Post by JTF »

My mother feeds her dog dry dog food out of the bag. She never has given him canned food.

About a week ago, her 90 lb chocolate lab (Cocoa) brought her a gift from the basement: A can of dog food from the pantry! (It was left over from my dog... she bought the canned to try to get him to eat something as he neared the end.)

She put the can back, but in a different spot. Then a couple days ago he brought her a can of corn! At this point we think he's just bringing things up and it happens to be cans of food, and he just by dumb luck grabbed a can of dog food initially...

Oh, but there is more!

Tonight my mother returned home and found on her bed an empty can of dog food. He actually got the can he found before and opened the pop-top!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
bcddjjsc690

Re: He ain't as dumb as he looks...

Post by bcddjjsc690 »

JTF,

I feed my dog both dry and can food, But she doesn't liked them mixed together , Here' a smart Dog
- ><'
"you must be out-cho god-dammed mind "
JTF
XXX

Post by JTF »

bcddjjsc690,

Well, Cocoa isn't getting any of the canned food for a while...

Mom went and bought a pair of boots that she really liked (you can guess where this is going.) She brought them home and put them in her bedroom without taking them out of the box or shopping bag. She heard him playing with his toys while she made dinner and thought "He's really into it... I wonder which one he's got. Is it the gorilla, the purple monkey or the fish?"

Well, she found the remains of one of her new boots instead. The dummy went and pulled it out of the box that was still in the shopping bag and tore up the fur and leather!

Mother is not happy with her little doggie...

[img]http://forums.richardpryor.com/forums/a ... 0-2006.JPG[/img]
[img]https://richardpryor.com/forums/images/ ... tach/Cocoa 10-2006.JPG[/img]
bcddjjsc690

Post by bcddjjsc690 »

JTF,

Beautiful Dog ,

I'd have to say leaving a shoe box on the floor , with new shoes in it ,would be a test a lab was sure to fail, they should have been in the closet with the rest .
Deedee never went after shoes,but she has destroyed
lots of other stuff,
"you must be out-cho god-dammed mind "
hellifiknow

Post by hellifiknow »

JTF,
Great looking dog, labs just pretend to be dumb but they're really the smartest dogs on the planet. I'm betting Cocoa had a case of really rank farts after eating canned food.

labs must be telepathic because Coe got in the dry catfood the other night and the air here is almost unbreathable...you win, Detroit Rocks, call your moms dog off.

"boy, go get me something to beat your ass with" RP
KMommy

Post by KMommy »

Beautiful dog! Maybe he was mad at your mom for not giving him the can food. If he is bringing the can right to you I say give him the food! I think the extra water in the can food is suppose to be good for them. I know with cats it helps to not always give them just dry food.