Rats: The Other Canine

Tell us why you love dogs. If you hate dogs, get the fuck out.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
vivaknievel

Rats: The Other Canine

Post by vivaknievel »

I love dogs, particularly bigger ones. Small ones like chiuahahas tend to be too hyper for me, always yipping and yapping and trying too hard to please (but you do hafta to love them for trying). I prefer big, cool dogs that kinda just know what's going on. The laid back ones that are more likely to look at you like, "What the hell are you doing?", or "I *know* you're not just going to sit up there and eat that ham sandwich without giving me some..." The ones that cock their heads to the side in disbelief of the goofy shit people do. Right now, I don't live in a place where I can have a dog, but when I have a sizable yard again, I'll definitely get another one. I miss having one.

I'm sure I might be alone in this, but I have to say that I also love rats (domesticated pet store ones), because believe it or not, they're very much like dogs and in a lot of ways, like people. Unfortunately, it's this quality, that makes them prime candidates for animal testing, but I hope that science finds some other alternative. Rats are too cool to be made to suffer, even for the progression of science. Like dogs, they love to be social, they are very sensitive to their owners, and the male ones in particular, love to learn tricks. I don't have any now, but when I did they were a nice "alternative" for when I wasn't allow to have a dog, or when you don't have the space to let a dog run free. If you treat them well, and when the rats get used to you, I swear they will pop up in their cages and greet you, eager for you to let them out to play. Again, like dogs, if you stimulate their minds and give them fun things to do, challenge them, they'll reward you with hilarious behavior, and companionship similar to a dog.

Dogs are more convenient to have, for sure, live longer and are easier to keep track of, but I recommend rats if you're not allowed to have a dog.
Visit Jaye and Poperratic at http://www.poperratic.com
vivaknievel

Re: Rats: The Other Canine

Post by vivaknievel »

P.S. Sorry, I missed your auctions. I'm broke right now, but I would have at least tried to come away winning a piece of lint or a gum wrapper or something... ):)
Jennifer
White Honkey Bitch In Charge

Post by Jennifer »

vivaknievel,
You are not alone!
I had a stove full of mice when I lived in NYY and refused to use it because of those little babies.
SHAC fights to end use of ALL creatures in labs!!! Check out their site-it's under STOP ANIMAL TESTING!
Jennifer

Post by Jennifer »

There will be more auctions!!!
vivaknievel

Post by vivaknievel »

Jennifer,
Aw, that's so sweet, with you trying to protect those mice (or should I say those "wittle meeces"? ;))

Thanks for the info about the animal testing. I'll be sure to check it out and I'll definitely keep coming back to see what you cats are up to around here, and while I'm at it, I'll be on the lookout for more auctions.
JTF
XXX

Post by JTF »

vivaknievel,

Can't do rats. Nope. Uh-uh. No way. Got enough on my block. Had one run out across my foot one day and it still creeps me out!

Jennifer,

I had a stove full of mice too. Once again I was creeped out. The last one I saw in here came right after I saw the hole in my bathroom that they were using. I had sealed the hole and this thing ran from me, right to the hole where he had to jump to get into it. Since the hole no longer existed he jumped a few times before I was able to trap him in a dustpan that flipped closed. I then took him outside and set him free... Even though I can't stand them, I'm still a softy/wimp!
Jennifer

Post by Jennifer »

JTF,
well that's a good ending to that story-was worried I was gonna have to ban you for killing a mice!!!
I helped rescue some the other day at this place where I get all my doggy supplies-I'm afraid i gave one "shaken baby syndrome" cause he kept leeping out of my hands and i kept catching the little micey! Someone took them for pets!! I actually know of someone who performs spay/neuter operations on meeses!LOL I think it's great-
vivaknievel

Post by vivaknievel »

JTF,
I'm glad there was a happy ending to your stove story too, 'cause you were gonna have a sista up in arms! ;p