Help Help Help! Rescue us in Los Angeles

Information about animal rescue and adoption. Also, discussions and information concerning animal rights.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
Jennifer
White Honkey Bitch In Charge

Help Help Help! Rescue us in Los Angeles

Post by Jennifer »

PLEASE READ THIS!!! I know everyone has their plates full, but if you could spend a moment wracking your brain for these two dogs it would be much appreciated.

ViVi (a lab pit mix I found on the street, and the younger of the two) was placed three years ago with a loving woman and her husband as a companion for their other dog Monkey (white pit). Monkey was rescued previously to Vivi and had an injured leg (unfixable) from her former life on the street, so she is a little lame. Vivi and Monkey fell in love and are inseperable. We all hoped they would ride off into the sunset together...

Unfortunately, life's cruel twists of fate had other plans.

Gina Steiner, Mom to both ViVi and Monkey died last week. Her husband Dave was killed in an auto accident a year ago and she never got over it. A month after the year anniversary of his death she took her own life.

Now Vivi and Monkey are orphans with very few prospects...and a possible future not together. They have no idea what is going on and don't know that their Mom won't be back...It is a devastating situation. The dogs are living alone in the house at the moment where someone stops by to feed them...but they only have a week or two until they have homelessness added to their orphan status.

I am looking for ANY help someone can give...whether it is money, time, a place to be fostered, or a permanent home. The dogs are about 4 and 6 years of age respectively... I rescued Vivi and will not let her be abandoned...but I also feel compelled to try to help Monkey too. Losing each other may be too much for them to bare in addition to the loss of the life they had with Gina.

Unfortunately I am 7 months pregnant with my first child and am not moving as swiftly or as comfortably as I used to and finances are very tight due to my upcoming life change. I cannot take on this situation alone!!! I am begging for any ideas or anything!!!

There is also a third dog "Sailor" (a pit as well) that may need help too, although family members are trying to find a home for him.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this. Your consideration and help is much, much appreciated!!!
You can e-mail me at Samanthags@aol.com or call 323- 935- 3395.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Vivi and Monkey are grateful too!

Samantha and Jennifer
[img]https://richardpryor.com/forums/images/ ... ach/VeeVee Monkey2.JPG[/img]
Jennifer

Re: Help Help Help! Rescue us in Los Angeles

Post by Jennifer »

more pics. so cute!
PLEASE CONSIDER SAVING THESE ANGELS!
[img]https://richardpryor.com/forums/images/ ... eeVee3.jpg[/img]
Jennifer

Post by Jennifer »

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer »

FOLKS-OPEN YOUR HEARTS!
):)
vivaknievel

Post by vivaknievel »

Jennifer,

They are beautiful. I wish I could take them myself. I'll ask around and see if I can come up with anything.
Visit Jaye and Poperratic at http://www.poperratic.com
sahnja

Post by sahnja »

Jennifer,

well, shit ... do they like other dogs? lots of other dogs? :D
Angie
sahnja

Post by sahnja »

also, try putting their pictures on petfinder.com
Angie
Jennifer

Post by Jennifer »

sahnja,
you are not considering are you? I don't know how they get along with other dogs-but I do know they are now in a home -kennel situation-(we are sponsoring)-
vivaknievel

Post by vivaknievel »

Jennifer,
I'm having no luck here so far... I hope something happens for them soon. :(
Visit Jaye and Poperratic at http://www.poperratic.com
Jennifer

Post by Jennifer »

vivaknievel,
Thank you for trying!