Why My Wife Is The Greatest

Information about animal rescue and adoption. Also, discussions and information concerning animal rights.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
soulfire77

Why My Wife Is The Greatest

Post by soulfire77 »

My wife, Stacy, once rescued a Greyhound from an abusive home. The dog had been adopted out by a friend of hers who ran a private animal adoption organization called Fuzzy Paws. It was routine to do a home visit follow-up a couple of months after the animals had been adopted. My wife was just along for the ride, when they found this pup trapped in a sun room with no water, no food, ribs showing and an apparent hip injury (from being kicked)... Basically, the worst nightmare for anyone who adopts out or sells animals. The so-called owner of the dog wasn't home so this woman from Fuzzy Paws gets on her cell phone and starts the sometimes extremely long process of getting the animal removed from the home (this is rural Kentucky I'm talking about here... this is the same place that the "animal shelter"s idea of euthanasia is blowing a dog's brains out with a handgun because bullets are cheaper than poison). My wife says: "Fuck this!" and busts into the guys house with a leash in one hand and a bag of Alpo in the other. By then, the dog was too weak to resist or be aggressive, so she smuggles it into the car and they haul ass out of there. The dog was turned over to another organization that specializes in Greyhound rescue and it made a full recovery (although, it did maintain a limp from it's hip injury). A notice was sent to every local pet store and animal shelter with the abusers information asking that no animal be given or sold to him under any circumstance.

That's why my wife is the greatest: She is willing to the right thing, even if it means committing a felony in the process!
Jennifer
White Honkey Bitch In Charge

Re: Why My Wife Is The Greatest

Post by Jennifer »

soulfire77,
YOUR WIFE IS THE FUCKING GREATEST-THAT THE BEST STORY-THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING!!
I KNOW ABOUT THE WHOLE SCENE IN KENTUCKY AND HOW THEY SHOOT THE DOGS AND ABUSE THEM BEFORE THEY DO!!I SPOKE WITH THE GOVENORS WIFE TRYING TO CHANGE WHAT HORRIBLE SHIT WAS GOING ON THERE!!!!DEAF FUCKING BACKWATER EARS.
GODBLESS YOU AND YOUR WIFE-GREAT GREAT STORY!!!!!
soulfire77

Post by soulfire77 »

Jennifer,

My wife appriciates your kind words. Thank you.

I agree, the situation in Kentucky is uncalled for. I imagine that any hope of improving it has gone down the drain with the election of a republican as governer.

I'm just thankful that I live in Indiana, right across the river from Louisville. We carry around a dog crate in the back of our van in case we find an injured animal or an obviously abused one. To date, we have gotten help for everything from opossums to pigeons... It's nice knowing that the places we take them to don't "blow them away" should rehabilitation or adoption prove impossible.
Jennifer
White Honkey Bitch In Charge

Post by Jennifer »

soulfire77,
Godbless you! We really love you for that!! Jennifer and Richard! ):) ):) ):) :-x :-x :-x