Please read - donations needed.

Information about animal rescue and adoption. Also, discussions and information concerning animal rights.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
Jennifer
White Honkey Bitch In Charge

Please read - donations needed.

Post by Jennifer »

DONATIONS CAN BE MAILED TO THE ABOVE ADDRESS OR MADE BY CREDIT CARD ON A SAFE SITE AT OUR WEBSITE

http://www.raccoonrescue.com/ - WWW.RACCOONRESCUE.COM'

This is the newsletter for November 1, 2005. I am sad to announce that our major supporter passed away last month. That means that our organization is in the absolute worst financial situation since our inception in 1993. I am praying that all the people who have visited our site in the past will come forward and help us so that we will not have to give up. I keep hoping that we will someday find the means to support a major wildlife facility which is more urgently needed every day.

Last month we were able to rescue Coco, who is the victim of abuse. He was bred by a heartless exotic animal trader and kept in a ferret cage for two years. He was grossly obese and suffered from self mutilation. However, he became a happy new raccoon when we gave him a nice new large enclosure, the proper diet, plenty of water, toys and lots of tender loving care.

I would like to sincerely thank all of you who have consistently offered your support on behalf of displaced wildlife. However, most people who visit our website do not make any contribution to our efforts. We receive about 2,000 hits per month on our website. I answer about a dozen e-mails a day. We only average five donations each month. Therefore, we fear that we will have to close the website for good. This is very disturbing because we answer questions and help animals all over the world every day. What will happen to these raccoons if we have to discontinue our services? Most will end up suffering and dying because people do not know what to do when they encounter displaced wildlife.

Because the majority of people have ignored our pleas for financial support, the orphaned raccoons that we usually take in each year will have no other place to go. Most of them will starve and die while being bitten by insects. In several cases, I was told that orphaned raccoons were screaming in their den sites as birds of prey and other predators tore at them and bit out their eyes. I cry myself to sleep each night.

If each person who visits our website would contribute as little as $10.00, we could run a wildlife rehabilitation center. Remember that you can go to our website, www.raccoonrescue.com, and make a donation by clicking the donation button and using our safe site for credit card donations. You can also send donations to our home address above. Please give us a hand for the sake of the animals.

For the Animals,

Kathleen Godwin
kathleen@raccoonrescue.com