Rescue for Katrina dogs

Information about animal rescue and adoption. Also, discussions and information concerning animal rights.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
shellymonkey

Rescue for Katrina dogs

Post by shellymonkey »

Just wanted to pass this information along from an email I received. Her emal address is at the end. Thanks!!!

Hello!

I am President of The SPCA Serving Allegany County, in Western New York State, south of Buffalo. We have a small, humble, no-kill shelter and we also have an excellent adoption program with very careful screening. I have spent a ton of time trying to figure out who to contact, and I hope you can help me. (I'll also email Fox News.)

We don't have a lot of capacity right now, but we would love to take in 7 small dogs (20 pounds or less) and either house them until the owners can be found or adopt them into new kind and loving homes. Actually, I would personally be one of the adopters. We have lots of large dogs here, but very few small ones, so we can easily find homes for them.

If an airline is unwilling to transport the dogs (I'm willing to make the necessary contacts), I have mileage that I'd be willing to barter with American Airlines. I simply need to know the details on the number of dogs, dates they can depart, and from where. I'd need them to arrive at either Buffalo, NY airport (preferred) or Rochester, NY. From: Beckymercuri@aol.com

THANK YOU SO MUCH for any assistance you can provide.