MOTHERFUCKERS KILLING WHAT'S LEFT OF NATIVE AMERICAN'S WEST

Information about animal rescue and adoption. Also, discussions and information concerning animal rights.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
Jennifer
White Honkey Bitch In Charge

MOTHERFUCKERS KILLING WHAT'S LEFT OF NATIVE AMERICAN'S WEST

Post by Jennifer »

Subject: First time under new law, six wild horses slaughtered
Date: 4/21/2005, 6:36 PM

Please call your Representative and Senators tomorrow expressing your outrage over this tragedy. Please ask them to co-sponsor HR 297 and S 576. Please follow your calls up by sending a letter to your Rep and Senator along with a copy of the article below. Please submit your letters via email or fax. Regular mail is far too slow.

Also, please submit letters of response to this article to: letters@lasvegassun.com

PLEASE CROSSPOST THIS TO ALL OF YOUR CONTACTS!!!

http://www.lasvegassun.com/sunbin/stori ... 10282.html - Six Horses Slaughtered'

Today: April 21, 2005 at 17:06:23 PDT

First time under new law, six wild horses slaughtered

By SCOTT SONNER
ASSOCIATED PRESS

RENO, Nev. (AP) - Wild horses rounded up on federal land in the West and sold to a private owner have been slaughtered for the first time since a new law went into effect, a government official told The Associated Press on Thursday.

"This is something we regret and are very disappointed this has happened," said Celia Boddington, a spokeswoman for the U.S. Bureau of Land Management in Washington D.C.

"We make every possible effort when the horses are sold to make sure the animals are placed in good homes for long-term care," she said Thursday.

The BLM is investigating the details of the sale this month of six wild horses to an Oklahoma man and their subsequent slaughter at a commercial packing plant in Illinois, Boddington said.

In December, Congress repealed the 34-year-old ban on the slaughter of the wild horses that run free across the West. The move has brought a backlash from activists, who want to reinstate full protection for the mustangs.

Officials for the Humane Society of the United States learned of the slaughter Thursday and contacted BLM.

"There is no way this current system will work to protect horses," said Nancy Perry, the Humane Society's vice president for government affairs.

"Until new legislation passes, our wild horses are going to be in jeopardy," she said from Washington D.C.
DoobieNick

Re: MOTHERFUCKERS KILLING WHAT'S LEFT OF NATIVE AMERICAN'S WEST

Post by DoobieNick »

Jennifer,

I live in Nevada and I am sickened by this turn of events. You know who's behind it? The goddamned cattle industry. They say the horses are not native to Nevada, so they need to be "controlled".

Are cattle native to Nevada? No.
]:o(
"What the people need, is a way to make them smile."
DoobieNick

Post by DoobieNick »

Welcome to the site! astonamous,

Thanks, my friend. I've read quite a few of your posts. Intelligent and insightful. You really hit it.
DoobieNick

Post by DoobieNick »

Welcome to the site! astonamous,

BTW, I got the link to this site from BartCop.com. I've been a fan of Richard Pryor since the early '70s. George Carlin is another of my favorites.