Help for These Babes...

Information about animal rescue and adoption. Also, discussions and information concerning animal rights.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
Jennifer
White Honkey Bitch In Charge

Help for These Babes...

Post by Jennifer »

Dear Richard and Jennifer,
Knowing your commitment to animal rescue, I must ask for your help with a desperate situation in Wildomar, California (Riverside County).
Perhaps you saw it on the news recently...200+ potbellied pigs plus hundreds of other animals such as chickens, ducks, geese and goats are in jeopardy of losing their lives unless we can find new homes for them.
The property owner where these animals are currently living is an elderly man (74), in poor health and little financial means. This situation is so out of hand...he cannot take care of himself let alone 400+ animals. The County Animal Control is insisting that he reduce the number of animals...or THEY will have to do it...and that only means one thing.
Volunteers are desperately trying to find good adoptive homes for the piggies, but there are so many....we must consider sending large groups of them to sanctuaries. However, this won't be possible unless we can financially assist the sanctuaries in long term care and housing.
I am attaching a couple of photos so you can see what we're dealing with. A non-profit animal rescue foundation in Temecula, Ca. is accepting donations toward this rescue. If you can help, either by adopting a few dozen piggies, or sponsoring some piggies to go to a sanctuary via monetary contribution, we would appreciate any help at all!
Thank you so much for all you do to help animals!
Priscilla Gargalis
Board Member
Sandon Shangri-la Foundation
P.O. Box 892695
Temecula, CA 92589-2695
a 501(c)(3) non profit animal rescue foundation
i.d. #33-0972423
phone: 951-695-0315

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."
-Martin Luther King