I Need Help...

Information about animal rescue and adoption. Also, discussions and information concerning animal rights.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
Michele73NY

I Need Help...

Post by Michele73NY »

Ok, Here is My Story....
about 2 Months ago, The neighbor was riding on his Motorcycle with friends. His Bike had a Part fall off, he was Pronounced dead at The hospital. He had 3 English Bull Dogs. His Girlfriend took One his Mother took the Other, They asked us if we would take care of Chopper.
Well, Of Course I will, But Little did i know why!

He has 3 Tumors in his leg & Blind in an Eye But YOu can tell he has Cataracts in bith eyes.
I Love Chopper sooooo Much But Honestly, Im having trouble Taking care of me & My 2 Kids!

Chopper Really needs a Vet, I want to see him get some care, What can I do for Him?

Hugs
Michele
~Michele~
Surferchicklet

Re: I Need Help...

Post by Surferchicklet »

Michele73NY,

Have you gone to your local humane society?

SOmetimes (depending on the shelter) the local no-kill shelters will help when a dog is rescued and needs medical attention the rescuer can't afford... check and see which vets they use and see if they will let you charge the treatment?

The Breed rescue may also be willing to help... they know the dog has a home, and someone to care for it, so they wouldn't have that expense...

If nothing else contact PetSmart or PetCo and see if they'll let you do a fund raiser for him... with them handling donations and giving it directly to the vet so they donors know the money is going toward his care...

Good luck.
<font color=blue>Feelin' blue in a red state...</font color>