Email the airlines...stop trans. Monkeys for vivisection

Information about animal rescue and adoption. Also, discussions and information concerning animal rights.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
juliatat

Email the airlines...stop trans. Monkeys for vivisection

Post by juliatat »

This really only takes a second...go to www.buav.org , look for the link on the left of the page to send a message to all the airlines that transport animals to vivisection labs, and while there click the link to the petitions too...Love...Julia

The BUAV has been campaigning for many years to stop airlines transporting monkeys for vivisection. We've had many successes over the years, with a large number of airlines refusing to take part in this cruel trade. However, there are still airlines that profit from
the trade in primates. So, now you can e-mail them. Go to
www.buav.org , scroll down. On the left sight you can click on 'email the airlines, e-protest worldwide.
Ross T

Re: Email the airlines...stop trans. Monkeys for vivisection

Post by Ross T »

I have done a project on conservation and anti-vivisection, and all though most occurred in the 60's I am sure it is still occuring in some context today. There are very powerful images on the net, with monkeys having electrodes on their brains while still alive. This occurs with all animals used for laboratory work, but mainly rabbits, dogs, and rats/mice. It is absolutely sick. I have seen pictures of rabbits with large chunks of flesh out of thier sides, dogs with huge holes in their backs. The most powerful image which I think encompasses the attitudes of these individuals, was a baby rhesus macaque (monkey), with the word 'crap' tattooed on it's head. The justification was that was the monkeys name and that's how they identified it.

Please be cautious, most of the images you find will be old, but if you can find acurate verified sites, definetly post them. This is an industry that now has more severe laws in the USA,UK but are absent in other areas of the world. Let's wipe these guys out!

Peace
Jennifer
White Honkey Bitch In Charge

Post by Jennifer »

Ross T,
Ths is waht SHAC fights against and now they find themselves arrested under the PATRIOT ACT... HOW FUCKED UP... ]:o(
Ross T

Post by Ross T »

Jennifer,

The patriot act as in 'to deter and punish terrorist acts in the United States and around the world?' If so this makes no sense.

The illegality of this must be seen as illegitimate in the views of any sane human being. Right? Can't anything be done? Are they fighting this? Lawyers????

Doesn't this go against US free speech laws? Isn't this in the first amendment of the United States of America?

God I hate your president, if he wasn't such a war monger, things like terrorist laws wouldn't need to be drafted. Other than the U.S.A. who else are even targets? No One!

Sorry for the vent at the end.

Peace,
juliatat

Post by juliatat »

Hi Jennifer, it is majorly fucked up! I fully support the Shac group and BUAV and DAV (doctors against vivisection). I don't think Ross realizes that this does go on every single day.

Ross wrote:"I have done a project on conservation and anti-vivisection, and all though most occurred in the 60's I am sure it is still occuring in some context today."

It is going on everyday!!!! occuring in some context? Severe laws? Sorry...animals are afforded minimal protection under these laws. The laws are too weak and too easy to circumvent. It's cheaper for these labs to pay the fines than to comply or stop the testing all together.

Fines and penalties have not stopped HLS.

But we will stop them!!!! One day those animals wil be liberated. It may not be tommorrow or next year but one day they will be stopped. We just have to keep on fighting the good fight!
Ross T

Post by Ross T »

juliatat,

Gots to give you props on quoting what I wrote, very nice :lol: As for my project, I guess I was a little ambiguous, I was referring more to primates than anything else. As for other animal species, you undertone was correct, I am fairly ignorant on what's going on. I think we are fighting on the same side, but I guess progress is only accomplished through conflict and a good kick in the ass.

As for progress with anti-vivisection, if what you say is correct and laws aren't 'severe' and can be paid what can you do. volunteer time? money?

i think you have to find a forum to get the laws changed
Jennifer
White Honkey Bitch In Charge

Post by Jennifer »

Ross T,
Thank you both for this discussion which is opening our eyes even WIDER!!!