KY Rescue dogs have been shot

Information about animal rescue and adoption. Also, discussions and information concerning animal rights.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
juliatat

KY Rescue dogs have been shot

Post by juliatat »

I am sick to death over this....this woman is a friend of mine. She has a northern breed rescue in Harrodsburg Ky. We have worked together to transport dogs to their forever homes. She has helped me place dogs. And here I go..this filthy trashy redneck scum shot 2 of her rescue dogs and are threatening her others!!! 5 minutes alone with these bastards....Here is Geri's orignal email...I have to go make some calls and check on her now...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello everyone. I come forth tonight with a heavy heart. We have had a major catastrophe in the rescue world. Two bad things have happened tonight to our rescue. First, Cody and Tiko slipped through the gate this evening. The neighbors shot them. Tiko has buckshot injuries to his eye and is at the clinic right now. Cody has not been found, and I fear the worst has happened. Please pray that we find her safe and sound. This comes at a really bad time, as we have had no adoptions and funds are way low right now. It costs us $300 to pay the feed bill each month and that takes up all of our fundraising money. If anyone can help us out in any way, please do, as we don't receive enough community support to take care of emergencies. We have a paypal donation link on our webpage. Every cent is tax deductible. Secondly, while all this was happening and the search was on for Cody, the neighbors came together and said that if we didn't do something about Nickie, our senior mal, who lives in the front yard b/c no one will adopt her (she's cranky at times) and she was miserable in the kennel, they would have us shut down. These people don't appreciate the service we are doing the community by helping these animals. ****(((( of course not! they are KY creeps, unappreciative and amoral...Julia))***** So, if anyone has a place where they can hospice her out, please let us know because I fear for the worst. If we move her into the kennel, she'll be miserable. If we leave her outside, she could get poisoned or shot, and the most shuddering of all, euthanasia. We're at a loss and desperately need some help. Thank you.

Geri

Donate here:
Contact info for Geri is on the site too....
www.petfinder.org/shelters/KY143.html
JTF
XXX

Re: KY Rescue dogs have been shot

Post by JTF »

juliatat,

Stories like this sicken me. What the hell is wrong with people?

I hope you find a home for these dogs. God bless.
Jennifer
White Honkey Bitch In Charge

Post by Jennifer »

juliatat,
where do i send a check?
juliatat

Post by juliatat »

Hi Jennifer,

Checks can be mailed here:
Northern Dog and Hopewell Rescue
591 Hopewell Rd.
Harrodsburg, KY 40330
Phone: 859-734-3690

or you can use the donate link on the site.
http://www.petfinder.org/shelters/KY143.html

Be sure to send a mailing address for a receipt. All donations are tax deductable.

Thanks so much for caring...Julia
KMommy

Post by KMommy »

juliatat,

How horrible! I say we treat these scum with the same respect they give animals. Why and how someone can treat an innocent animal like this I will never understand.