Animal Cruelty

Information about animal rescue and adoption. Also, discussions and information concerning animal rights.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
scorpio29

Animal Cruelty

Post by scorpio29 »

I read the article from Boston about the reward that you have helped raise about the " non human" who drowned a golden retriever and it is so nice to know that there are people in this world of ours that still have a heart and that care about animals. I am pleading with the Washington State Dept. of Fish & Wildlife about the issue of drowning squirrels. When someone calls up to complain about the squirrels being a nuisance the Dept. of Fish & Wildlife will tell people that they can drown them. I am more than mad and disturbed about this cruel act and it seems people just do not want to get involved. Where I live is a Homeowner Association and the board of directors have had the groundskeeper drown squirrels when they start messing up the landscape.
It is known throughout the complex that certain board members do not like cats or squirrels because they like to spend there time on the grounds. The grounds keeper also hates cats and has stated that many times to residents and a few years ago he was responsible for drowning at least 20 squirrels under the direction of the board of directors. In the last few months there have been At least 3 cats that have been poisoned and each time the same phrase is being said “they looked like they were sleeping”. One of those cats was my Blackie. When Blackie was found by a resident at the condominium complex where I live, a board member without hesitation told this resident to put the cat in a plastic bag and throw it in the garbage dumpster. This resident then told the board member that she could not and would not do such a thing, so the board member had the grounds keeper do this despicable act, he threw my cat in the garbage dumpster. Someone needs to help these animals because if we do not speak up and do something than who will? This kind of sick and twisted behavior has to stop. I do not understand how anyone could intentionally poison an animal and then have another person just throw the animal away. Pets may not be worth any money but to that pet’s owner they are priceless.

It seems that I do not have a loud enough voice to get these laws changed. When I read stories about these cruel acts against animals it makes me very angry that the laws will not changed until more animals have to suffer. That is why I am asking for your help in getting the laws changed so animals will have protection against this cruel behavior.
Anne Marie
juliatat

Re: Animal Cruelty

Post by juliatat »

scorpio29,

Please get in touch with your local news. Usually they have some sort of on your side thing. That will help get community attention. Call your local animal control. These people cannot just go around poisoning cats and drowning squirels! There are laws in your state, WA, I think you said:
REVISED CODE OF WASHINGTON
TITLE 16. ANIMALS, ESTRAYS, BRANDS AND FENCES
CHAPTER 16.52. PREVENTION OF CRUELTY TO ANIMALS
16.52.205. Animal cruelty in the first degree

A person is guilty of animal cruelty in the first degree when, except as authorized in law, he or she intentionally (a) inflicts substantial pain on, (b) causes physical injury to, or (c) kills an animal by a means causing undue suffering, or forces a minor to inflict unnecessary pain, injury, or death on an animal.

Animal cruelty in the first degree is a class C felony.

If you know the groundskeeper did poison your cat, you can press criminal charges...good luck...

see also www.pet-abuse.com put the groundskeepers name in the abuser search box to see if there is anything there about a past history of abuse....
scorpio29

Post by scorpio29 »

juliatat,
I have written countless e -mails to the local news stations and the newspapers and they would rather do stories on "do people prefer cork or screw on tops for wine bottles"? They consider those types of stories more important than people killing animals. As for the RCW code for Washington State, it is the key words of " except as authorized in law" is where the drowning of squirrels is ok to do. I contactd the head of Dept. of Fish & Wildlife and until the laws change they continue to tell people that they can drown squirrels.
Anne Marie
Jennifer
White Honkey Bitch In Charge

Post by Jennifer »

juliatat,
You make me proud that you are networking and discussing these issues on this site!!
We will all fight animal cruelty together! :X
juliatat

Post by juliatat »

Hi Jennifer, thanks...I appreciate that...

Scorpio, you are sounding defeated! Do NOT email them...pick up the phone and CALL the news station. These people poisoned your cat! Hold them accountable.
So it's legal to drown squirels, that' sick BUT it is not legal to poison cats. Read the law out loud to yourself and let the words sink in...

Poisoning causes undue suffering. It is a terrible death. This is a domestic cat, not wildlife. Call either local animal control or your state police and report the poisoning of your cat. It is a crime. Do not give up so easily!!!! Also, get in touch with thed people at www.pet-abuse.com THey can also give you some additional information.

"The world is a dangerous place,
not because of those who do evil,
but because of those who look on and do nothing."
~~ Albert Einstein ~~
scorpio29

Post by scorpio29 »

juliatat,
When I made contact by e-mail I also made phone calls to the news stations and they sounded interested and then that was it. I did contact the local police right after it happened and they told me that without proof that they could do nothing. I understand they need proof but my gut instinct knows that they had something to do with what happened to my cat and believe me this is not over by a long shot. Words cannot describe the contempt I feel about this and I have my good days and my bad days. Let’s just say that the people I have this contempt towards are very close to the local law enforcement and the county officials, so being careful is a must.
Anne Marie
billyb0y

Post by billyb0y »

scorpio29,
Post an e-mail address of the people or news programs you want to contact and I'm sure everyone here will send them an opinion or two!
Good luck
It's just me being me
scorpio29

Post by scorpio29 »

billyb0y,

Thank you so much for making that suggestion of posting the contact info of the people I had contacted about this cruelty to animals. It is nice to know that kindness still exists in this world.

Ed White
206-448-3850.
KING-5 TV News
ewhite@king5.com

Dale Steinke
dsteinke@king5.com
News and Operations Manager - Belo Interactive
www.KING5.com
www.NWCN.com
www.KREM.com

investigators@king5.com,
KenSchram@komo4news.com,