Animal Rescue

Information about animal rescue and adoption. Also, discussions and information concerning animal rights.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
jasnr3

Animal Rescue

Post by jasnr3 »

First I want to say, I am new here so, this is my first post. AND RICHARD ROCKS!! Had to get that out first because thats why we are all here!

I firmly believe in animal rescue. I live in Florida and up till a few months ago, I did not even know about it. We decided that we wanted a dog, a Siberian Husky. Instead of buying from a breeder we decided to rescue. The best decision ever! Florida has a Siberian Husky Rescue Orginization and for a while I almost thought we were adopting a child. Applications, home checks, meeting the foster family....it was crazy but all in all worth it.

The sad thing is, is that before Sean was rescued....well lets just say that he has gun shot pellets in his right knee. Sick, sick, sick. How can a someone shoot an animal? Its sick. Did I mention, ITS SICK!!! He is the SWEETEST dog and never would hurt anyone.

Thanks for reading my first post!!

Ruth

St. Augustine, Florida
Make me laugh!
JTF
XXX

Re: Animal Rescue

Post by JTF »

jasnr3,

Pix pls.
Southern_Gurl

Post by Southern_Gurl »

jasnr3,
I am new to here to and thought I'd say hey. So Hey. You don't live very far from me and I have family in Jax. I am glad you found your special friend. Make sure you spay or neuter cause accidents happen.
Jennifer
White Honkey Bitch In Charge

Post by Jennifer »

jasnr3,
welcome and thank you for rescuing...isn't it the very best thing to do in the whole world??
Surferchicklet

Post by Surferchicklet »

The English Shepherd breed rescue has this dog, Cricket that needs a new home or foster situation badly... the problem is she is an alpha dog and most rescuers have dogs already...

[img]http://www.nesr.info/rescue/pics/GACricket.jpg[/img]

If you know of any way to help please contact Kathi (ktesarz@tesarzservices.com) or the rescue http://www.nesr.info/rescue/adoptme.html - English Shepherd rescue'

Thanks!!
<font color=blue>Feelin' blue in a red state...</font color>
Jennifer
White Honkey Bitch In Charge

Post by Jennifer »

Surferchicklet,
goreous dogs---iw ould hope someone will give this beauty a good home! We are full up!
Surferchicklet

Post by Surferchicklet »

Jennifer,

I grew up with English Shepherds (Old Farm Collie to some people) and they are awesome dogs... Cricket's family had an ilness and had to give both her and a sister up, and the sister has a home... unfortunately Cricket doesn't get along with other dominant dogs and is having a hard time... I'd take her but couldn't afford the daily stitches if she was inside with my 2 girls... and I won't have one who has to stay out while the others are inside... that's mean....

Hopefully someone will see her... they are considering putting her down because of the dog aggression... for someone who wants a calmer older (6 yrs) only dog she'd be perfect.
<font color=blue>Feelin' blue in a red state...</font color>