RIP Roy Scheider.

Richard loved going to the movies...
So do we. Who doesn't like music?

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
blumustard

RIP Roy Scheider.

Post by blumustard »

He was one of my favorite American actors.
I don't know how he was off screen but he seemed like the kindest man ever in interviews.
Jaws,marathon man and All that Jazz are films I can watch over and over again.
Can't say that about alot of films made today.

[img]http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i98/emile57/main1.jpg[/img]
hellifiknow

Re: RIP Roy Scheider.

Post by hellifiknow »

blumustard,

Great actor...by today's standards of special effects Jaws is from the stone age and it's hard to imagine that movie actually scared the hell out of us when watching it now, but Roy Scheider's acting abilities make it and all the other movies he was in well worth watching repeatedly.
"boy, go get me something to beat your ass with" RP
Appaloosa

Post by Appaloosa »

hellifiknow,
yeah he was a great actor i liked him but then again the movie Jaws would never have been made if that one woman had never taken her granchildren to the beach...they should have staid on dry land cause the shark never would have ran to a car an drove after them 8-O
Appaloosa

Post by Appaloosa »

Bozopolis,
ok i hope to check out that movie.....yes i can see that he made an impact in any movie he had been in....i especially like the movie he had been in 52 Card Pick Up......he looked kind of average on film but that adds ten pounds to you...but he was very thin an dapper.....i miss the ones that went...i especially miss Bronson....i liked the....movie...Hard Times.. the character he played might have been fictional but the times were really there....there was a lot of back street brawling that people bet on....in that town an that era.... a movie like that is perfect....the players....the actors...the times....the story.....i remember one line from that movie....."the next best thing to playin an winning....is playing and losing"......cause you were there an tried to do somthing.....not like just a watcher of carnivals..... :lol:
trumpetmaster

Post by trumpetmaster »

Anybody seen All that Jazz? That was good. Do ya'll seen him on a TV series Seaquest?

His biggest breakthru will always remain Jaws to this day.