Ever wonder why rock stars don't OD like in the old days?

Richard loved going to the movies...
So do we. Who doesn't like music?

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
walrusjk

Ever wonder why rock stars don't OD like in the old days?

Post by walrusjk »

Hendricks, Joplin, etc. It used to be a usual thing. Every major rock band from the sixties and seventies have a member who died from OD'ing on drugs. The Beatles might be the exception although their manager, Brian Epstein, died of an overdose. I'll bet it's because the drugs those people do are more sophisticated. More opiate pills rather than Heroin (same difference). Maybe no re-hab in those days? What do you think?
EddieHill

Re: Ever wonder why rock stars don't OD like in the old days?

Post by EddieHill »

walrusjk, Rock was more popular back then and everyone I knew got drunk or high on something. The number of deaths is small compaired to the amount of people that used to get fucked up. Nowdays some bands are fake hippies that say they party and do not do it at all . Eric Clapton owns a chain of treatment centers around the world. The laws are tougher against those party people that started with Reagan busting unions and declarring war on drugs. Preachers lied in their churches about bands like the Beatles , ACDC, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Kiss, ect. accussing them worshiping Satan just to put people on a guilt trip to collect ten percent of their income.. When no band was ever linked to worshiping the Devil right out of the bible. The 1990`s had their fair share of rock star overdoses. The medical teams today are faster to save someone from a drug overdose. Times are changing and its almost time for those kick ass bands to retire and go fishing. Cheers!
walrusjk

Post by walrusjk »

EddieHill,
I kinda agree with your points. I think the main thing is addicts or users have more information and ways of getting help when they get in trouble with their drug habits. Belushi, Chris Farely had these advantages too but just could not stay sober. It's like they had a itch that they could ignore for just so long but wouldn't go away. That's why meth is so scarey. When that cheap, lasts forever drug gets ahold of you it's lights out for a normal productive life. First few months is no problem. Lots of energy, get shit done then suddenly your staying up for days trying to figure out how to handle your mind messing with you in horrifying ways. Oh man that's scarey shit. I've done it twice and knew it was one thing I could not fall into. It felt way too good but I also knew the road would turn weird unlike alot of the 60's and 70's guys.
EddieHill

Post by EddieHill »

walrusjk, Meth is bad news and it is not the same as the quality speed in the 80s that was made by drug companies not sixth grade drop outs. The old shit is not around anymore and the government only gives it to pilots to fly long missions.