Eagles reuniting to release new CD soon

Richard loved going to the movies...
So do we. Who doesn't like music?

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
tamra
Pryor's Planet Volunteer Extraordinaire

Eagles reuniting to release new CD soon

Post by tamra »

not bad, although don't think anything can top The Long Run or Hotel California LP's.

if they can, hats off to 'em. :)

and hope they tour w/new release (if it's good). that would be a good time
---
huh? what? who? damn, I'm always the last to know.
EddieHill

Re: Eagles reuniting to release new CD soon

Post by EddieHill »

tamra, The Eagles are ok, especialy when they play The James Gang and Joe Walsh solo songs in concert. I still have Hotel California and The Long Run on Vinyl LPS. The only bad thing is concerts nowdays cost to much as if they are geared to attract only rich people. Any more than twenty or thirty dollars and my ass is spending the money on something else. Cheers!
walrusjk

Post by walrusjk »

EddieHill,
I know what you mean on the prices. The way I look at it is it puts the scalpers out of business. Rather see the group make the dough. The Eagles are a great band. They can't write any more but they can still play and sing. They really work hard on their harmonies. To me "On The Border" and "Desperato" are their masterpeices. I love the song "James Dean". Great guitar band too. Lots of people contributed to their body of work who don't rally get identified as an "Eagle". Jack Temchin for instance. He wrote "Peaceful Easy Feeling" ,"In The City", Frey's "Smugglers Blues" and a bunch more. I met him once at a place on Sunset called The Joint. His Tuesday night jam had so many great musicians ie..Tom Petty's drummer, Waddy Watchel, back up Rolling Stones singer, Joe Walsh's bass player (Rick, great guy who has the after party at his house) and Led Zeplin's original singer who puts a move on me every time I see him (Yuck). The Eagles came out of a bunch of songwriter/musicians who hung together in the seventies in LA..
hellifiknow

Post by hellifiknow »

walrusjk,
So your saying Robert Plant wants to fuck you?

Mixing Uncle Joe and your gay fantasies in the same post is just wrong....next thing we know you'll be saying you played sit and spin on Cynthia Plaster Caster's Jimi Hendrix mold.

"boy, go get me something to beat your ass with" RP
Appaloosa

Post by Appaloosa »

EddieHill,
Walsh is from the Eagles an i dont think i ever heard the covers of the James Gangs songs by the Eagles....Take It Easy is one of the greatests songs done.....i am sure the James Gang plays in some obscure bars ....an cheap too
Walrusik.......well i think that if a band can sound good fine...they probably dont write songs anymore cause they have done it already an why top those songs now??? plus they can only do it for so many years....i am sure they are touring for the money now...who wouldnt??....you made all those songs then why not use them for revenue now...i think all the country guys now want to sound like the Eagles but they sound tinny an cheap.....i like the old country you know Willie and Waylon an the boys....i would like to say more but i cant remember very good now
hellifiknow
i always thought that when they made Led Zeppelin that they found the band but had to look for the lead singer in another town kinda far away an found him singing...an wailing....Robert Plant....i never knew there was another lead singer...other than him...although i can say i really dont know cause i was not there....so hellifiknow b.b
EddieHill

Post by EddieHill »

walrusjk, Led Zeppelins original singer? If this is not Robert Plant , then was it the Jimmy Page and The Yardbirds singer before Rod Stewart and Jeff Beck got together? This is interesting. Do you know of any Led Zeppelin Bootlegs {before 1968} that have this guy singing on them? I am a huge Zeppelin fan and I have live cds from every tour. Cheers!
tamra

Post by tamra »

hellifiknow,

hey I say if Robert Plant wants to pork ya, male or female, let him. :) :lol: how many people can say Robert Plant wants to do 'em.

but I think walrusjk is referring to a lead before Plant, which is news to me because I've only known of Robert Plant w/Zepp.
---
hellifiknow

Post by hellifiknow »

tamra,
see what happens when you forget to add a smiley face...sorry walrusjk there was supposed to be a ;p after that..but as far as I know Plant was the only singer for Zeppelin and out of all the bullshit biographies I've read about them nobody has ever accused him of being gay...an effeminate out of date flower child yes, but never a ass bandit.

I'd face fuck Stephen Tyler but I'd pretend it was Carly Simon who was honkin on bobo. ;p
"boy, go get me something to beat your ass with" RP
tamra

Post by tamra »

hellifiknow,

:lol: yanno I always thought Carly and Steven Tyler were twins. lawd if those two had a kid together. the lips on that child would make Mick Jagger say DAMNNNN!

but yall, here's the story I should have included w/start of thread

[font size=3 face=s color=Blue]http://www.artistdirect.com/nad/news/ar ... 38,00.html - artistdirect.com'

Eagles to Release First New Album in Nearly 30 Years
Don Henley promises an album in "60 to 90 days, if we don't kill each other first."

Since calling it quits in 1982, The Eagles have been tempted back together for the sake of lucrative reunion tours and Hall of Fame inductions, but they haven't released an album of new studio material since 1979's The Long Run -- until now. Singer/drummer Don Henley promised the audience at a solo show in Las Vegas last weekend that the legendary lite-rockers -- whose hits include "Take It Easy," "Hotel California," and "Tequila Sunrise" -- were almost finished with a long-discussed new batch of material. Up until now, fans have had to be satisfied with the occasional new song that made its way onto live reunion albums.

"It's coming out in 60 to 90 days, if we don't kill each other first," Henley reportedly told the crowd. Henley and his publicist did not offer any further comment to the press.

The Eagles' first greatest-hits collection has sold an astounding 29 million copies -- earning them the honor of "Best Selling Album of the Century" from the RIAA. Each member of the group's latter-day lineup -- Henley, Joe Walsh , Glenn Frey , Don Felder and Timothy B. Schmit -- pursued solo careers following the band's split, with varying degrees of success. Felder was fired from The Eagles in 2001, and later traded lawsuits with his former bandmates.

--The ARTISTdirect Staff
02.01.07 [/font]

I think they went out on top w/The Long Run, and agree w/Appaloosa on Take It Easy being one of the best. but gonna tap fingers and wait for new release because, assuming they don't kill each other, :lol: their combined talent could deliver a new timeless set of songs.
---
Appaloosa

Post by Appaloosa »

tamra,
everywhere i went when i picked up this album or cd an someone would tap me on the shoulder an say hey i got that one or im going to get that one....the news dont surprise me about the greatest hits cd....and i remember Queen sayin that they argued over every song an album that came out cause it was so competitive......its natural an then just think of the guys that hate each other for life but were entertainment duos......i guess if your around someone your whole life then hey some things might bug ya.. b.b