Van Halen To Tour This Summer With David Lee Roth

Richard loved going to the movies...
So do we. Who doesn't like music?

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
Appaloosa

Re: Van Halen To Tour This Summer With David Lee Roth

Post by Appaloosa »

hellifiknow,
okay i like the song Jump....an the video....i am not sure but when the Van Halen brothers let DLR out...they must have had the rights to all their songs with them cause Roth should have a percentage for the vocals an front man for them....i seen him on some talk show about quite a few years afterwards an he was riding a bicycle around....they brothers should not have let that talent go broke like that an stay broke an they seem to use the going on tour thing to thier advantage....they can do it...but DLR cant do it without them......i think its a case of the brothers havein the power to do something an hangin it over DLRs head then not doing it if DLR says something.....they dont like...which he does ....get over it an do the tour .....an the only thing i didnt like about the One Day At a Time...was Schneider was always in the peoples house ...like walkin in an walking around then Anne would come home to Schneider....or the girls would come home an he would be there already....i mean i would never let the super in my apartment at anytime.....no matter how well i knew him 8-o :( b.b
blumustard

Post by blumustard »

I don't think they'll get in fights now that Eddie's son is on bass.
Maybe their lawers will.
:lol:
Murphdogg
Foot Kisser

Post by Murphdogg »

blumustard, Michael Anthony is not replacable damn the Van Halen brothers to hell.
Shane God Damned Murphy

shanescomedy.com
hellifiknow

Post by hellifiknow »

Appaloosa,
I heard on the radio that the Vain Halen brothers had all of Michael Anthonys pictures removed from their official web site like they was trying to remove him from the bands history but then fans started complaining so they put them back...it also said that they had removed his name from the song writing credits...I saw them with DLR many moons ago and it was one of the best concerts I ever went to, had all their albums too, but trying to change the history of the band is bullshit, what was they going to do paste in pictures of Wolfgang? :lol:.... .as great of a talent as Eddie is on guitar he needs to wake up and realize he aint shit without a great front man...that last singer proved that...and DLR cut a album with Steve Vai, another great guitar picker (hell of a nice guy too) but no chemistry, no bang...they need to realize they aint shit without each other and get on with the show. :( :lol:

"boy, go get me something to beat your ass with" RP
Appaloosa

Post by Appaloosa »

hellifiknow,
i think the Van Halen brothers are conniving and it is ridiculous to do some of the things they do....it is petty bull they pull...an not Tom either.... b.b :lol: its like now its a family thing for them to take Anthonys pictures off .....who put them where they are.??.. Anthony an David Lee Roth....they all did....Wolfgang did nothing but step into place.....thats what it is chemistry....i seen ...yanno everything you said i was just thinkin that... :lol: now i got nothin more to say
EddieHill

Post by EddieHill »

Appaloosa, Mikey s pictures were restored, and in an interview he stuck up for Wolfgang saying to the fans not to judge him too hashly that he will be a fine bass player for Van Halen that he would have toured with them if he were invited and Sammy would have been cool with it. Maybe I am just an old crabbass , these concerts either Sammy or Van Halen and most other bands are too fucking expensive.
Appaloosa

Post by Appaloosa »

EddieHill,
ok i may be too cynical for my own good but still no one knows how it is in the trenches till they get down there themselves.....i personally think he said that to keep himself up for a tour....he may like Wolfgang personally but he may think otherwise an never tell anybody like fans what he really thinks....the pictures were restored because of the fans not because of the brothers.....Anthony an Diamond Dave helped make Van Halen what it is....Anthony knows which side his bread is buttered on....when someone has the power an kicks you out of a few million dollars then hey....an personlly i think the elevated tickets were from the Jackson days of they want so he jacks up the price of tickets so he can make a few million more....then it snowballed to others doing it.....i should have gone but i had Stones tickets about fifteen years ago or twenty an the girl i was with an gonna take as a surprise .......i could not find her but when i went into this place the night before i sold the tickets for a hundred apeice.....now if that aint off the wall.....this was in Phoenix ..... :lol: b.b
blumustard

Post by blumustard »

Pic of Dave and Eddie jammin'for new tour.
North Carolina coming up soon!
:)
Good seeing them together jammin'after 23 years.

[img]http://forums.richardpryor.com/forums/a ... ry-392.jpg[/img]
[img]https://richardpryor.com/forums/images/ ... ry-392.jpg[/img]
tamra
Pryor's Planet Volunteer Extraordinaire

Post by tamra »

blumustard,

8-o wow they really are doing the damn thang. I thought this event would be one of those hell freezing over events. I better get the snow/ice boots out and get a ticket fast then. :)
---
huh? what? who? damn, I'm always the last to know.
blumustard

Post by blumustard »

tamra,
Yeah..it's amazing.Never thought it would happen.
They better make it to amsterdam.
They said they would tour europe too and Eddie was born in Amsterdam.
Would love to see them in North Caolina though.
First show.

:(