Van Halen To Tour This Summer With David Lee Roth

Richard loved going to the movies...
So do we. Who doesn't like music?

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
EddieHill

Van Halen To Tour This Summer With David Lee Roth

Post by EddieHill »

They will tour without bass player Michael Anthony. Edward Van Halen`s son 15 year old Wolfgang Van Halen will be playing bass. Hopefully they will get some women to be back up singers on tour because their harmonies will not be the same without Michael Anthony singing. This may turn out to be a good concert to bring the whole family to, because the crazy stage antics will be minamized with the presance of young Wolfgang and Van Halen can be more focused on their perfomance. Being a father myself thats a little on the trashy side, I just want to see a straight up rock and roll show without the carnival of sins. Update 3-28-07 The tour is off because Eddie Van Halen is in rehab. We Love Eddie but, Fuck the spin.
Murphdogg
Foot Kisser

Re: Van Halen To Tour This Summer With David Lee Roth

Post by Murphdogg »

EddieHill,
HOLY SHEEPSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DLR back in the band? hell yes!!!!!!!!!!!..but I can't be too damned happy, how can you do it without Anthony and the Jack Daniels bass?
Shane God Damned Murphy

shanescomedy.com
tamra
Pryor's Planet Volunteer Extraordinaire

Post by tamra »

EddieHill,

this is TOTALLY sweet! I am there. I have always wanted them to put aside their differences and work together to bring back some good time music. I STILL play my Fair Warning LP regularly, and replaced the self titled 1st and Fair Warning LP's w/CD's to have in car.

thanks to racism LOL I got to see good rock-n-roll shows free. white employees were not allowed to work rock shows at arenas, and blacks not allowed to work black music events. so had to pay mostly for black events. for rock-n-roll concerts, I'd just walk right on in thru gates to concession stand and it was assumed I was employee. then hauled ass to front row area. no one questioned me. stupid huh? but I'd try to get tickets at last minute (like Richard Pryor said, "show up to argue, 'what the fuck u mean u ain't go no tickets'?!") like a true negro, or sometimes not allowed to buy because show was on school nite. then after no ticket, do the walk in thing. saw Journey and AC/DC free. but definitely paid to see RUSH, which put on a musical show.
---
huh? what? who? damn, I'm always the last to know.
blumustard

Post by blumustard »

Eddie played for Fender last week..
He looks drunk but I still love him..lol
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Post by bingolong »

Yeah I will believe it when I see it....remebera few years ago they were on MTV together and it was supposed to be to get back together and it fell thru?

But I am with Tamra....when DLR was in the group they were the SHIT!!! No offense to Sammy "I Can't Drive 55" Hagar (which by the way was my jam too) but man the energy that Roth brought to the group made them the only rock group that I would fuck with!!! "JUMP" was that shit!!!

...we will see how long the love lsats but this is a very smart move ....

....but I wonder how Valerie Bertinelli feels about Wolfgang hitting the road and picking up rockstar habits... :(
I went to Zimbabwe. I know how white people feel in America now; relaxed! Cause when I heard the police car I knew they weren't coming after me! 
Appaloosa

Post by Appaloosa »

EddieHill,
Van Halen is good even with David Lee ....i remember when the band said when they got rid of him was that it was a good thing an breathed a sigh of releif when they said they didnt have to hear him anymore.....any more of his rhetoric an they were supposed to get back on the road with him but it was all about him an when they got on stage an accepted a record statue honor or something they only met him for a few minutes but he talked an it was all about him again even for that few minutes so the deal fell through....i think...i say i think he learned his lesson now an i do think they owe him something for the hits he made the band....they played good but then he sang good an Sammy Hagar is ok he made a few good hits ........i hope they give Diamond Dave another millionaire days again.....an hope he dont squander it again like he did the last one :lol:
tamra
Pryor's Planet Volunteer Extraordinaire

Post by tamra »

bingolong,

I know w/out DLR there was no more Van Halen to me. kinda like a Led Zepp w/out Robert Plant.

but I never bought one Van Halen recording post-DLR. and I remember my excitement during that interview when the reunion was discussed. next thing you know fighting, no more tour. wanted to slap them all. forget about your feelings, it's all about MINE :lol:

speaking of fighting, I'm sure there were some fights in the house when it was decided to bring Wolfgang along and expose him to that lifestyle. I wonder if the old groupies will come out again :lol:
---
huh? what? who? damn, I'm always the last to know.
hellifiknow

Post by hellifiknow »

tamra,
I hated it when Sammy joined Van Halen because I didn't want them ruining Sammy...been a fan since the Montrose days but Van Halen rocked and I've only seent them with DLR, hope they do well.

Bingolong,
if Valerie gets too worried about Woolfie she can come over and I'll find a way to take her mind off that issue.. ;p

"boy, go get me something to beat your ass with" RP
walrusjk

Post by walrusjk »

What is it with these guys? Every one who's ever been in that band ends up as damaged goods. Hey their time was the 80's maybe a bit in the 90's. I like some of their stuff but all their fame and money went straight to their heads and if you're not too smart to start with it can be disasterous. Grown men fighting and fussing like they're in junior high. How pathetic. Hey what have any of you written lately? Best any one could hope for is seeing a tribute band...
Murphdogg
Foot Kisser

Post by Murphdogg »

walrusjk,
in the early years I blamed DLR. But it seems it's always been the Van Halen brothers.
Shane God Damned Murphy

shanescomedy.com