James Brown died

Richard loved going to the movies...
So do we. Who doesn't like music?

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
blumustard

James Brown died

Post by blumustard »

8-O Shit!
Mister Gee

Re: James Brown died

Post by Mister Gee »

astonamous,

I just heard the news.... :(

Damn, JB was a legend in every sense of the word. His music output is unbelievable from the doo-wop of the 50's, the soul of the 60's to the raw funk of the 70's and the rap collaborations in the 80's/90's. JB grooves were the backbone of Hip Hop, which is why you can still hear his influence today.

One of the Original B-Boys has gone, The Godfather's gone to meet the father.

R.I.P. J.B.

Peace gee
JTF
XXX

Post by JTF »

blumustard,

I just heard myself. Damn...

RIP GFOS
bcddjjsc690

Post by bcddjjsc690 »

JTF,
the Godfather of Soul , the Father of Funk , he provided so much more to the Black Community than just his music and what he said .His performance in Boston during the 1968 riots after MLK. Jr. was killed showed the power he had with the public,and his part in the civils rights struggle
He tried to lift his people up . He gave Blacks pride
- JAMES BROWN
sex machine /soul power
'
"you must be out-cho god-dammed mind "
Murphdogg
Foot Kisser

Post by Murphdogg »

bcddjjsc690, props for remember he was also the father of Funk, which is probably my favorite music Genre ever. Well at least my favorite good time mood music genre ever. I wish I could of seen the Godfather live. Funny story, I did a show for a all black crowd and the DJ is a good friend of mine, I come out on the stage and he plays James Brown..I'll never forget the look on their face when the lyrics started "say it loud, I'm black and I'm proud"
Shane God Damned Murphy

shanescomedy.com
blumustard

Post by blumustard »

A little jam for James Brown.
Thank you for the funk.Best music ever created.

*all music written and played by blumustard
tamra
Pryor's Planet Volunteer Extraordinaire

Post by tamra »

I went to viewing at the Apollo last night. got lucky (surprised me too!), got let in thru front area just on the Fred Douglas' corner side of Apollo entrance, so only had an hour and half wait, but didn't get inside before 6pm funeral.

James Brown was decked out in his show best, shoes and all. his face looked a little different and strange, including different from how he looked a few days before he died. even kids coming out of viewing were shocked at his appearance. 8-o

but I had to go to viewing. would have regretted not going.

there were thousands of people out there, some who waited all day, including elderly people w/canes standing for hours. it was important to say goodbye to Brother James. that was not cool though, there should be line for severely disabled.

and a lot of James Brown babies in crowd :lol: (all that Please, Please, Please worked :lol:) would have been nice if Bobby's music store across street could have been allowed to turn up their volume so all in line could hear all the James Brown music being played outside. but the Apollo had that covered inside. :)
---
huh? what? who? damn, I'm always the last to know.
mojones

Post by mojones »

blumustard,

It's been weeks now and I still can't believe it. James Brown has been entertaining since before I was born! I'm really going to miss him. He's always been there. Why do the greats like James Brown and Richard Pryor have to grow old die? Why can't they just regenerate like Dr. Who???? New bodies -- same soul?
blumustard

Post by blumustard »

mojones,
Yeah..I still miss Rick James too by the way.
I could have seen James in Amsterdam a while back but I went to parliament of funk..I didn't have no more money for James Brown.
Shit..I had the same with Stevie Ray Vaughn and Miles Davis.
But I did see Freddie Mercury.
Good we can still enjoy the music forever.
I miss alot of Artists but James going was a really fucked up xmas.

:)