ALI RAP

Richard loved going to the movies...
So do we. Who doesn't like music?

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
Appaloosa

Re: ALI RAP

Post by Appaloosa »

hellifiknow,
i guess semipro is when your not quite good enough to be a pro all the way but too good to be an amateur... b.b now your last post was comedy b.b
hellifiknow

Post by hellifiknow »

Appaloosa,
I think they was semi pro because they couldn't stay out of bar fights and kept getting in trouble, one day they was going pro the next they was on probation. :lol:

http://www.ali.com/ - Happy Birthday to the Greatest Boxer Ever '

its a fine day to have espn classic, they're showing some great fights today.

people born in January are just naturally talented, good looking and full of...humor. ;p

"boy, go get me something to beat your ass with" RP
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Post by bingolong »

hellifiknow,
You got that right...January has some good people!! ;p
I went to Zimbabwe. I know how white people feel in America now; relaxed! Cause when I heard the police car I knew they weren't coming after me! 
walrusjk

Post by walrusjk »

Appaloosa,
Shaver's apparently had the hardest punch in boxing but he lumbered. Ali was about 35 when they met. Ali was never a big puncher and really only had a left jab and straight right hand but he had the best legs the sport has ever seen and maybe the best chin too. I think he made a mistake taunting Frazier the way he did. It turned Joe into an animal that would not go down even if he had to die. If you ask me a young Foreman was the most devastating and intimidating fighter ever. Even more than Liston. My favorite Ali fight was when he fought Foreman. He showed his courage and his smarts as he took apart that monster. I bet I've watched it 500 times and still jump around the room, screaming like an idiot.
Appaloosa

Post by Appaloosa »

walrusjk,
i would Say Shavers had the hardest punch an Ali had the hardest head .. :lol: an the taunting Frazier was sellin tickets he just went too far..... :lol: and i really feared for Alis life when he fought Foreman in Zaire.....an was surprised that he knocked him out in the headlines the next day.....but that was one of the maxims in boxing that you punch the head an the body will fall or you punch the body an the head will fall....another one is never punch when your going backwards .......never punch unless you have your feet set......Ali made those null an void for him.....others couldnt do that

Hellifiknow,
do you mean Blubberr Douglass? b.b :lol:
walrusjk

Post by walrusjk »

hellifiknow,
Leanard-LaLonde was a great fight. Ray was collecting titles and figured Donny had the least chance of beating him in the light heavyweight division. I think 2 other guys held titles in that division. Ray was a natural welterweight and bad things happen when you move up. Ray was letting it all hang out to knock him out at the end. By the way I think he beat Hagler. I've seen it a million times. Marvin still can't handle that decision. Hagler was going.."fight me you little bitch!" throughout that fight and Ray's just going.."Nooo." Of course the first Hearns fight was unreal. So many ebbs and flows. Even Ray knows he lost the 2nd one even though it was called a draw.
Appaloosa

Post by Appaloosa »

walrusjk,
okay okay tha gloves are off.... :lol: im jokin but then again i think that Hagler had none of the fight in him like he beat Hearns he just didnt do anything in the Leonard fight he would pitty pat punch Leonard when he got him in the corner not like the knockout punches he was throwin when he fought Hearns....course there was the two dinners they ate together him and Leonard before the fight.....i think he was carryin Leonard an that is what Leonard wanted till the last round an then Leonard ran from Hagler an pitty pat punched his way to victory....but its arguable
walrusjk

Post by walrusjk »

Appaloosa,
I think you got it wrong. Hearns aloud Hagler to bomb on him by engaging him. Hagler couldn't find Leanard and got frustrated and tired chasing him plus Hagler fought that fight way too much as a righty which is clearly a sign that Hagler was confused. I just loved that little dance Hagler did before the decision was announced. It was way out of character and to me it shows he was embarrased about how well Leanard did. I don't think they've had any dinners since. He He.
Appaloosa

Post by Appaloosa »

walrusjk,
well i think you just dont see the same fight i did....Hagler came at Hearns he hit him an knocked him out an they were haymakers he was throwing....he caught and had Leonard in the corner many times but just pitty pat punched him in the stomach.....and yeah the second time Leonard fought Hearns he lost...if things were turned around an Leonard had knocked Hearns down twice the decision would have gone to Leonard big time......the first time they fought the referee interfered when Hearns clearly had his hands up an was lookin at Leonard......the same with the fight when Leonard took the title from that Benitez.....he only knocked Benitez to his knees an Benitez got right up and they exchanged punches an two or three an then the referee again interfered an gav e the fight to Leonard.....Leonard had been given two fights by the referree stepping in an then given the fight cause the judges gave him the fight as a present when he fought Hearns the second time......an thats the way it was.... b.b
walrusjk

Post by walrusjk »

Appaloosa,
I don't know man. Tommy was easy to hurt anyway. Tommy's mind set was to rumble rather than dance and keep Hagler off balance. Remember, Roberto Duran took Hagler 15 rounds and nearly won the fight a good 2 years before Hagler fought Hearns. I think this was because Duran moved and gave marvin too many angles to deal with. I know what you're talking about the pity-pat punches in the corner. It's when Ray did that frantic flurry to turn that moment around but remember that was at a point in the fight that Marvin had Ray hurt. Maybe you're right because after the fight Ray did say that..."I couldn't believe it. His punches felt more like pushes!" I also remember reading an article where Ray was watching the replay in his lawyers office where he laughs and says..."I bet Tommy is kicking himself for not dancing in his fight with Marvin."