ALI RAP

Richard loved going to the movies...
So do we. Who doesn't like music?

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
Murphdogg
Foot Kisser

Re: ALI RAP

Post by Murphdogg »

Appaloosa,
rocky in no way shape or form could of hung with Ali in his prime. Rocky was probably the smartest fighter ever though getting out on top of the game though. While were talking about great fighters why aren't we talking about Jerry Cooney? b.b
Shane God Damned Murphy

shanescomedy.com
Appaloosa

Post by Appaloosa »

Murphdogg,
hello Bingo....

yes Murph i realize that but i was just bein polite... :lol: Ali is the only heavyweight that could have danced for fifteen rounds.....but he never had to cause he always knocked them out or TKOed them.....i have a lot of respect too though for Marciano for the will to win an he did get out of the game an not like a lot of others make a comeback bid......he left the game undefeated and a champeen.....an never looked back
hellifiknow

Post by hellifiknow »

Appaloosa,
watching those clips again was great...
http://cgi.ebay.com/Whats-My-Name-Muham ... otohosting - "Whats my name?"'...there wasn't any Ali fans in the family but thank god we always watched even if it was just because they wanted to see him get his ass kicked...the same reason I used to watch Tyson, thats why Buster Douglas is still my favorite boxer. :lol:

Congrads 801...good to see ya back in action. B-)

"boy, go get me something to beat your ass with" RP
hellifiknow

Post by hellifiknow »

Murphdogg,
"While were talking about great fighters why aren't we talking about Jerry Cooney?"....you just proved that the answer really can lie within the question. ;p

walrusjk

Post by walrusjk »

hellifiknow,
While we're talking about the greatest just remember we never got to see his best days which were the 3 years he had to sit in his prime. He was never the same. Watch him against Bonevenna. He had to fight for his life in that one. You know I never remember Ali getting hit like I do now watching those fights. I love him but he went on too long. A bad profession not to able to give up. I sure do love him though..
EddieHill

Post by EddieHill »

hellifiknow, Yes I even like Public Enemy when they teamed up with Anthrax and made a slamming rap/metal cd back in the 90`s. I will give the Ali Rap a whirl. I wish 2Live Crew would reunite and do one more cd. 2Live Crew were not metal, but they were fun.
hellifiknow

Post by hellifiknow »

walrusjk,
I wish he would have retired sooner myself, theres some who say his health issues arn't related to boxing but as many times as he was hit so damn hard it makes me wonder, especially with his tougher than hell attitude and ability to take a punch to set his opponent up so he could land five of his own...and some of those fights were down right slugfests.

while we're talking boxing another great fight was between Ray Leonard and Donny Lalonde, I've never seen anybody come back from several rounds of getting pounded the way Leonard did in that fight.

EddieHill,
that was a great cd, I heard they also toured together for awhile so that had to be good....didn't the singer from Skid Row kick the guy from Anthrax ass on some tv reality show? Nothings more embarressing than getting your ass kicked by a guy wearing lipstick. :lol:

Murphdogg
Foot Kisser

Post by Murphdogg »

hellifiknow,
I saw a stripper whip a grown mans ass once outside of a strip club, I mean beat him DOWN. and he was yelling out "HELP, SOMEBODY HELP ME". and his boy just stood there in shock watching him get his ass beat.
Shane God Damned Murphy

shanescomedy.com
Appaloosa

Post by Appaloosa »

hellifiknow,
after the three years he took off because he was banned from boxing when he came back he could no longer dance fifteen rounds an had to be a set foot puncher...i seen Ernie Shavers who Ali called the acorn....Shavers had like a fifty five knockout record an one went the distance before he fought the big boys....Shavers and Frazier never fought cause they were supposedly good friends which is a farce...Shavers knocked the hell out of Norton....an Norton cried on his ringstool cause he heard the winner was gonna fight Ali .. b.b like he coulda done better if he knew b.b i seen Shavers hit Ali in the forehead with all the power he had an Alis legs buckled......but the announcer asked Shavers why he didnt finish him an he said Ali clowned around like that all the time an he didnt want to rush in an get clocked b.b that was respect....Ali took a hell of a pounding the last decade he was in boxing an that is the main reason he is like he is....he still the man though
hellifiknow

Post by hellifiknow »

Appaloosa,
I remember Shavers and those fights, that guy scared me from the tv...I hung out at a gym for awhile and there were three brothers who were semi-pro we had to spar with, one of them fought Sugar Ray Seals in one of his last matches...my first time in the ring was so funny it was pathetic, actually it was so pathetic it was funny, and the last time wasn't any better either. :lol: