The Departed

Richard loved going to the movies...
So do we. Who doesn't like music?

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
bingolong
King of the Smilies

The Departed

Post by bingolong »

Has anybody seen this? For as much as I was confused by some things I still loved it!! Great movie!!!
I went to Zimbabwe. I know how white people feel in America now; relaxed! Cause when I heard the police car I knew they weren't coming after me! 
tamra
Pryor's Planet Volunteer Extraordinaire

Re: The Departed

Post by tamra »

bingolong,

Nicholson is driving me to see it today. well not literally, I wish! ;) looking forward to it.

but Shaq made a statement about this movie: he and his wife walked out during middle of show. racists statements made were too offensive.

um, did Shaq just discover racism and stereotypes in America? or has his world only been purple and gold for so long that now he's in black, white and red, his eyes are now open? 8-o

or did the media make this up? *shruggin* I'll find out today what all was said in movie though.
---
huh? what? who? damn, I'm always the last to know.
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Post by bingolong »

tamra,
Well on doing some research (on imdb.com message boards ;p) the statements are based on the actual racial climate of Boston where the film takes place...

Besides I can only think of maybe three times that where of notice...Nicholson comes off right off the bat with a few and based on his character it fits.....and DiCaprio says something to fellow police cadet and friend Anthony Anderson like "you live in Boston, you are a cop, and you black ....you are really fucked...." thats it!!

Shaq just been a celebrity so long he forgot when the Boston Celtics used to have only one brother on the team....back in them Dennis Johnson days.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
I went to Zimbabwe. I know how white people feel in America now; relaxed! Cause when I heard the police car I knew they weren't coming after me! 
tamra

Post by tamra »

bingolong,

well I'm watching the ending now. very good movie. and in all fairness to Scorcese, they didn't *not* insult any races. everyone was equally tossed a racial comment.

but damn, Jack Nicholson did an excellent job. I love the rat faced scene. :lol: typical Jack-unique faces!

and very interesting ending. won't spoil it though but kinda figured it out just before last scene.
---
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Post by bingolong »

tamra,
Yeah that don't count b/c all the stuff that happened before that last scene you don't see coming either :lol: :lol:

I loved that about the movie too...I didn't see alot of things coming like in other movies
Murphdogg
Foot Kisser

Post by Murphdogg »

bingolong,
best movie I've seen in a LONNNNNG TIME, in that one scene were talking about in the elebator. I made the whole theatre laugh when I said GODDAMn..I couldn't help it it was suprising as hell.
Shane God Damned Murphy

shanescomedy.com
Murphdogg
Foot Kisser

Post by Murphdogg »

the racist thing your right is a accurate description of the way working class white people talk, they still do, my step dad says he'd rathe deal with the upfront racism then the sneaky politically correct talking shit certain ritch white folks do.
Shane God Damned Murphy

shanescomedy.com
tamra

Post by tamra »

Murphdogg,

actually the whole theater yelled out DAMNs and oh my gawds. that was a hard one to take. 8-O

but at the end a lot of people in theater were loudly saying GOOD! or laughing.

other best as well as funniest parts involved Marky Mark's (Durnigan spelling? shit, something Irish :lol:) character, esp. when he says to the screwup "who am I? I'm the guy who does his job. you must be the other guy!" :lol: :lol:
---
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Post by bingolong »

tamra murphdog,

Yeah alot of that film was straight laugh out loud funny!!!
:lol: :lol:
Murphdogg
Foot Kisser

Post by Murphdogg »

tamra,
marky mark was crazy as hell in that movie.
Shane God Damned Murphy

shanescomedy.com