Peobo Byson, Najee, George Duke, Sam Riney, Eric Marianthal

Richard loved going to the movies...
So do we. Who doesn't like music?

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
tis2flyyy

Peobo Byson, Najee, George Duke, Sam Riney, Eric Marianthal

Post by tis2flyyy »

Went to another concert yesterday (Sunday 8/27)

It was at Griffen Park on 135th and Van Ness in the city of Gardena. It was this city's summer free jazz festival!

It was outdoors, you had to bring your own chair and they would not allow for anyone to put up umbrellas. It was a HOT day in Cali - I think I am five shades darker now. But it is all good! I totally enjoyed myself! Went with a bunch of people from our ballroom dance class. We had a great time!

Oh my lord, they rocked the house. Candy Doufler was there also....playing SAX-A-GO_GO. You know this chick can sure blow that saxaphone! I was impressed with her - she did a WONDERFUL job.

The best parts were:

Peobo singing [/i]What you won't do, do for love, you tried everything, and you wont give up. In my world, only you, make me do for love, what I would not do! My friends wonder what is wrong with me, well I'm in a daze from your love you see! I came back to let you know, I've got a thing for you and I can't let go.[/i]

Yes, The WHOLE crowd was singing to this one!

Sam Riney did the instrumental of Chaka's SWEET THANG...we were out there ballroom dancing and stuff to that one ONE STAGE! - just having a good ole time.

Of course, I do not even need to tell ya'll about George Duke. He tore it up...did a tribute to his late friend George Howard who passed on a couple of years ago from colon cancer.

Eric Marienthal - if you have not heard of him - you should. Go buy his CD - I guarantee it, you will LOVE it. The man is highly talented and he is a spritual artist. My hair was raised up on my arms and back of my nexk the whole time that he was playing. That guy was awesome.

& the STAR of the show was NAJEE - he ROCKED the house!!!! Playing "Betcha don't know what's going on. she don't know you like I do!" Oh man oh man...we went ballroom dancing CRAZY then!

Just a totally wonderful time and enjoyable afternoon. After all the hectic activities lately, to wind down on a Sunday with this Jazz was just what the doctor ordered.

Going to another concert on 9/2- KEM is back in town, at the Grove in Anaheim. & I am going to see him AGAIN! This guy is totally worth the purchase of two tickets and two trips to see him. I can not wait - I will keep you all posted!
Where is the LOVE?
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Re: Peobo Byson, Najee, George Duke, Sam Riney, Eric Marianthal

Post by bingolong »

tis2flyyy,
Damn woman ...you must work for ticketmaster!!! :lol: :lol:
I went to Zimbabwe. I know how white people feel in America now; relaxed! Cause when I heard the police car I knew they weren't coming after me! 
tis2flyyy

Post by tis2flyyy »

bingolong,

:lol: :lol: :lol:
My girlfriend's - boyfriend does! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Where is the LOVE?
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Post by bingolong »

tis2flyyy,
:lol: :lol: :lol: That explains it!!!! I Ain't mad at cha!!! :lol: :lol:
I went to Zimbabwe. I know how white people feel in America now; relaxed! Cause when I heard the police car I knew they weren't coming after me!