CAMEO - Old School Playa's but Still Jammin'

Richard loved going to the movies...
So do we. Who doesn't like music?

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
tis2flyyy

CAMEO - Old School Playa's but Still Jammin'

Post by tis2flyyy »

I went to an Old School concert last night at the Greek Theater in Bel-Air, CA

The show had WHOUDINI on stage first - they rocked the house!

Next up was the SOS Band - They totally rocked the house with
[/i]Tell me...if you still care...about me...[/i] Their drummer was a WOMAN and this big broad handled her biznezz!

Next up - would you believe - was MORRIS DAY & The Time! Now, my only comment here is that MOrris looked goooooooooooooood. The man does not even looked like he aged. He sang [/i]Giggilo's get lonely too...all my loving needs inspirations..& honey baby, I think that I need U[/i], then he broke out into [/i]GET IT UP - get ready for a real good time, gonna try to blow your mind....[/i], I was screaming at the top of my lougs as that was the JAM!!!! Then, he killed them (in a good way) - he broke out into [/i]Give me a little satisfaction, Work The Stick In my Ride.[/i] I am telling you, the broads were jumping on the stage!
They did a good job and ALL of the original members were there - including Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis....this show was the BOMB!

& LAST but NOT LEAST were the STARZ of the show - CAMEO! I almost lost my mind when they were performing!!!!! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE CAMEO! They have been in the biz for over 30 years and have many of great hits! They broke into
[/i]Attack me with your love, baby![/i], and [/i]Sparkle In your Eye[/i] and [/i]CAMEOSIS[/i] and [/i]Hanging DownTown[/i] and of course, Single Life, She's Strange (& I Like it) and CANDY!!!!...the costumes were great - dude had on the red penis cup over his balck leather pants, and the bass guitarist had on a fire red snake skin jacket and just some swimming trunks! 8-o These dudes may be up a bit older but to me, they did nothing bt get better.

This show, especially CAMEO - gets RAVE reviews from me! I wish ya'll could have been there.

In case you don't know, the theather in outdoors...it was a warm Cali night, all of the Playa's and Ballers were there and it was fun!
It was good to chill out, for just a little bit.

I am heading out rigt now to get their greatest hits album or any CD of theirs that I can find....& you should too. It is feel good music! :D
Where is the LOVE?
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Re: CAMEO - Old School Playa's but Still Jammin'

Post by bingolong »

tis2flyyy,
DAT WASUP!!!!
I went to Zimbabwe. I know how white people feel in America now; relaxed! Cause when I heard the police car I knew they weren't coming after me! 
tis2flyyy

Post by tis2flyyy »

bingolong,
:) Fo' Shizzle!
Where is the LOVE?
tamra
Pryor's Planet Volunteer Extraordinaire

Post by tamra »

tis2flyyy,

[/i]couldn't trust her with cheeze let alone your keys...[/i]

man, I used to wear my Whodini LP out, esp. that Friends cut and Freaks Come Out At Night. in fact was just singing Friends the other day.

but that sounded like a good end of summer jam. I still say our generation's music is way better than today's nonsense.

but did Cameo perform "Why Have I Lost You"? ooooooh man, that song, that song. B-)
---
huh? what? who? damn, I'm always the last to know.
tis2flyyy

Post by tis2flyyy »

tamra,
YES! They did! I am telling you - they were jammin!

& I totally agree with you - our generations music is FAR better - & these grops could SING - not just sample stuff, yanno?

It was a good end of the summer jam....

Got another one for you...see my new post!
Where is the LOVE?