What Bands/Artist's have You seen LIVE !!!! ....

Richard loved going to the movies...
So do we. Who doesn't like music?

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
Murphdogg
Foot Kisser

Re: What Bands/Artist's have You seen live ....

Post by Murphdogg »

tamra, I haven't been to many concerts for some reason I just never liked them much..the one I had the most fun at was Parliment and that was just a few years back, they make all these young pup bands just look stupid on stage
Shane God Damned Murphy

shanescomedy.com
dougdigitalpro

Post by dougdigitalpro »

Murphdogg,
Prince at a birthday concert in 1986 was pretty live. He was loose and having a good time. He jumped off the stage and in my face at one point. Little dude, even with boots. lol
Patti Labelle in 1996. Man, I have never seen a woman sing to the high heavens like that. And I haven't seen it since. If you have never seen her live, Please try to see her before she gets too old to do it anymore. It's a whole different kind of experience. Very moving.
Cameo in 1995. Thos eare some wild and crazy cats. The funniest thing about that show was they broke out and started singing "Sparkle" and I never knew they sang that. It's so contradictary to the stuff their known for.
Stevie Wonder 1995. What can I say? Amazing!
An artist who
plans to change the game and free minds!
hellifiknow

Re: What Bands have You seen live ....

Post by hellifiknow »

bcddjjsc690,

:lol:...and you was giving me shit for selling two joints of pencil shavings...hell that was revenge. B-) :lol:

I never adjusted to having to sit down at a concert...your supposed to be standing up by the stage, we was at a coliseum style seated event once and while the security was breaking up a fight Randy and me made it up to the stage and set our beers down, david allen coe had stopped playing to watch the fight so when it was over he stood there and looked down at us, then we turned around and looked at all those people sitting down staring at us (that was really cool looking, all those people just staring) and then we turned around and looked up at david...he shrugged and said something about how everybody else aught to get off their asses and party with us so they did, the crowd coming forward was probably the only thing that kept security off of us. best part was all the people sitting down watching who knew us and recognized us as the instigators. trying to get people to sit down at a Hank Jr./DAC show is pure insanity anyway. B-) :lol:
"boy, go get me something to beat your ass with" RP
bcddjjsc690

Re: What Bands have You seen live ....

Post by bcddjjsc690 »

hellifiknow,
well we didn't hurt anybody ,and the cash helped the 15 of us buy pizza ,beer and get thru the day,we made about 80 bucks all together .
We just walked around saying "trips" . and acted fucked up , not very hard if you knew any of the guys we went to the show with.
One other thing, the guy that rode us to the train station to get to NY , got taken off the train by his wife , at the station, She had said he wasn't going and she meant it .So
when we got back to that station ,we were still about 20 miles from home , well we did hitch a ride, right to our street in Danbury, we paid the guy with "acid " the stuff was like gold , ]:o)
"you must be out-cho god-dammed mind "
tamra
Pryor's Planet Volunteer Extraordinaire

Post by tamra »

Murphdogg,

Parliament is always the bomb. even just listening to them puts you in a good mood. :)
---
huh? what? who? damn, I'm always the last to know.
bcddjjsc690

Post by bcddjjsc690 »

then there was the time in Phildelphia 1981
, me and friend waited in the pouring rain to enter JFK Stadium , S Broad st. Phila Pa. in a crowd of 110,000
We had taken the train from CT, arrived overnight, and partied and played frisbee all night in the parking lot with everybody else that was tailgaiting for the show. So about dawn it starts raining, and we headed in .
Th gates opened at 7 am. Man was it raining, a monsoon , We got out of line for a while and hid underneath a parked trailor.All the time we stood in the rain people pleaded with security to open the gates. Some pleaded nice , some not so nice, one specific security guard took some real nasty verbal abuse.Real loud pleas of ..Open the fuckin' gates ..... followed by [/i]
" And I don't mean ,maybe...!!"
[/i] We were laughing our asses off .
The show was great , later in the day the showers came back, it was good for the crowd on the field , it was June and hot . They had been hydrating the crowd with a sawhorse with several water pipe nozzles attached , well sitting from
the upper seats of the stadium, we could see where the hoses
to the sawhorse were being cut .By the scurry of people at
the end of the hose, which caused that part of the field to turn all muddy. Now on the field , which was completely filled with people, a game broke out in that huge mud puddle , which equalled anything that ever happened in the
Roman Coliseum.
About the 40 yard line , on the field , a large circle was
formed by people in the crowd .It was the only area of real estate on the entire field with no one standing on it .All clear ,for about 20 yrds square,Nothin but Mud About 12 pairs of girls and guys stood apart from everybody , with the girls getting up on each mans shoulders,they squared off and did battle ,the entire crowd in the stadium cheered them on , it was absoltely spontaneous .A Battle Royal , in the mud , in front of 100,000 .From our vantage piont ,sitting in the stands ,we could see it all perfect. I think some may call it Polo Pony , and it may be played in water, these people were giving there all not to be pulled down by another team into the mud .
Pair by Pair they battled,pushed ,pulled at each other to gain advantage .When girls resisted attempts by their foes , the stadium crowd roared.
When a team was pulled down ,the winner got a cheer ,and with the stadium filled , the cheers were loud . It felt like eveything you ever saw in Ben Hur .
When the battle wore down to the last 2 couples , they let
both couples have a few minutes to rest. They poured water over their heads to clean up a bit ,that stood out in the picture now ,from all the mud covered bodies.
Then , with everyone in the stands yelling , then quietly watching on , the last 2 couples squared off , grappling and battling ,fending off each others attempts to pull the other down ,they went on for about 10 minutes , then one team stood alone , the other team was down in the mid ,and they were the last couple Standing. The stadium crowd erupted with the last final fall of the match , The winners took a bow , we continued to cheer them
it was just like Rome ...
:)
"you must be out-cho god-dammed mind "
smjmcomic

Post by smjmcomic »

The Roots

Cheap Trick

Fantomas

Tomahawk

NiN

Tool

Bad Religon

MOTHER FUCKIN SLAYER!!!!!!

Smokey Robinson

James Brown

Primus

I like a bit of everything

I'm sure theres more but it late and my thinking stoped hours ago
"I'm on the Zoloft to keep from killing y'all"

Mike Tyson
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Post by bingolong »

I went to Zimbabwe. I know how white people feel in America now; relaxed! Cause when I heard the police car I knew they weren't coming after me! 
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Post by bingolong »

I went to Zimbabwe. I know how white people feel in America now; relaxed! Cause when I heard the police car I knew they weren't coming after me! 
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Post by bingolong »

......Q-Tip (a very big fan of Richard Pryor I might add)......

[img]http://www.richardpryor.com/forums/atta ... /Q-Tip.jpg[/img]
[img]https://richardpryor.com/forums/images/ ... /Q-Tip.jpg[/img]