Movie sugestions??

Richard loved going to the movies...
So do we. Who doesn't like music?

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
smjmcomic

Re: Movie sugestions??

Post by smjmcomic »

bingolong,

Bingo!! You just gave me an idea we'll rent 50 first days and I'll pick up Dunk Punch Love!
"I'm on the Zoloft to keep from killing y'all"

Mike Tyson
smjmcomic

Post by smjmcomic »

astonamous,

John Goodman is a riot in that flick!

Mike Tyson
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

dumbass,

i agree whole heartedly that 'the big lebowski' is one of the greatest movies of all time. certainly on my top 5 ever list.

i have seen that movie about 30+ times now. and i still burst into gales of laughter every single time.

gareth
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Post by bingolong »

Gareth,
I remember I was excited about the movie when it first came out but when I first saw it that it wasn't what I expected so when I watch it this time I won't have any preconcieed notions and I can enjoy it better!! :)
I also need to see a couple other of the Coen Brothers other movies....
I went to Zimbabwe. I know how white people feel in America now; relaxed! Cause when I heard the police car I knew they weren't coming after me! 
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Post by bingolong »

dumbass and Trudy,
I haven't seen the first one (Blood Simple?) and the last one Ladykillers!I've pretty much seen all the ones in between."Oh brother" was a movie I slept but was damn good,and I dug "Fargo" and "The Man Who Wasn't There" but I didn't really dig the one with Clooney and Zeta Jones......
I went to Zimbabwe. I know how white people feel in America now; relaxed! Cause when I heard the police car I knew they weren't coming after me! 
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Post by bingolong »

Since the topic is Movie Suggestions I wanted to ask anybody of anymore entertaining documentaries that somebody could recommend?

Of course the onr I'm waiting on is the new one by Micheal Moore, so I've been in the mood for docs.Just rented "Roger & Me" this past weekend.I'm pretty open to anything as long as it's either interesting or entertaining.so........

..but let me finish watching "the dude" first... ;)
JTF
XXX

Post by JTF »

bingolong,

Moore's a good guy. Really down to earth. I heard all kinds of shit about him being an asshole with an ego, but he was really cool when I met him.
NickFlanagan

Post by NickFlanagan »

Bingo,

Man, I was a bit disappointed the first time I saw Lebowski too, but the more I saw it the more I loved it. It is genius and could be those dudes best flick. I haven't seen Fargo though.

A movie I would recommend to all is Dogfight, starring Lili Taylor and River Phoenix. Since he died so young, I view a River Phoenix lead role to be a rare and often awesome thing, and the movie is a great example of his and Taylor's acting skills. It's a love story set in the early 1960s about a soldier about to be sent to Vietnam who participates in a 'find the ugliest girl' competition with his army buddies but instead it becomes a 'find the truest love' night. Seriously, it's real good. At least I thought so.
smjmcomic

Post by smjmcomic »

Everybody I know who has meet Micheal Moore said he was a prick. I can't say anything I have never met the guy.

Mike Tyson
Joelmusick

Post by Joelmusick »

bingolong,

On the subject of documentaries;
If you like serial killers (you know what I mean...) you may 'like' Aileen: Portrait of a Serial Killer. The film Monster with Charlize Theron was based on Aileen's life.
Although Nick Broomfield (the man behind it) is slightly annoying, it is on the whole very insightful and interesting.

Piece.