Roadtrip Advice

Anything goes in the visitors section. Try to play nice. Post random thoughts in here too, but be aware: NO LOGIN REQUIRED!

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Anything goes in the visitors section. Try to play nice. Post random thoughts in here too, but be aware: NO LOGIN REQUIRED! However, spam is not allowed nor tolerated. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
jane_haze

Roadtrip Advice

Post by jane_haze »

Alright y'all, I'm doing another crazy move; I'm taking a road trip down to San Francisco...by myself (but I'm meeting friends)...in a cheap ass car (God, I hope it can make it!!!)...on a shoe string budget (actually, I can't even afford those) ...all for the sake of some comedy (and an excuse to travel. More.).

So, I was wondering if anyone had any good car trip advice and tips, especially for driving down the Upper Left Coast. The longest drive I've ever done has been 3 hours there and 3 back. So...this 14 hour stuff...kinda scares me in a good way...and a some bad.

My nerves are almost shot. This last minute preparation sucks.

Later.
Jane :D
I don't know Karate. But I know Ka-Razy!
jane_haze

Re: Roadtrip Advice

Post by jane_haze »

astonamous,

I plan on taking lots of little breaks. Sleep for 12 hours before I get up and go to take the 14 on. Then when I get there, get my hostel room and crash for a few hours before I see the town.

Maps..check...phone...check.

:)
Jermane S

Post by Jermane S »

jane_haze,

Do you know how much I want to do shit like that? If you can, why not? Just make sure you stay safe. Bring some pepper spray and a baseball bat. There's a lot of stupid fucks out there, so it's good to be prepared especially travelling solo, but you gotta get out there to succeed. Best of luck!
:)
Visitor

Post by Visitor »

Jermane S,

Well thanks you guys for the advice. Have a happy new year's. See ya when I get back!

Jane
jane_haze

Post by jane_haze »

dumbass,

I did something even better than that...I broke down like a bitch! My car died. It was sad, but I still got down to SF to see that comedy show. That was an awesome trip. One of the coolest to date, even with all the drama it rocked! Now, my car needs a new motor and as it turns out, someone would have had to have set my odometer back 100 000 miles or so...had I known that, I wouldn't have even tried to drive...cough.

But it was cool. They even declared TMIC as being the best comic show there was...but since he wasn't available and carlin was in rehab, they proclaimed that their show was the best available that night. They weren't selling themselves short or anything... @.@

This trip was very beat in a Kerouac since...coolstuff.

Later,
Jane
Visitor

Post by Visitor »

jane_haze,

"Very beat" - haven't heard that in a long time! B-)
jane_haze

Post by jane_haze »

Visitor,

How could it not be? I mean, road trip, hangin' with the railroad people, San Francisco, North Beach area, the Hungry i.

I would have taken a pic of the Hungry i for the Lenny Bruce and Mort Sahl connection, but it's now a strip club...kinda disappointing there...

Jane :)
JTF
XXX

Post by JTF »

jane_haze,

Study Bob Hope/Bing Crosby films...
jane_haze

Post by jane_haze »

JTF,

Why's that? Or should I find out for myself?

Jane
Visitor

Post by Visitor »

jane_haze,

I think he's saying you should travel with 2 wisecracking guys and plan on a 3-way at some point... probably on camelback or something.