Moses Malone, the LeBron James of my generation

Discuss the latest news, TV programs, gossip or maybe you got an announcement to make.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
tamra
Pryor's Planet Volunteer Extraordinaire

Moses Malone, the LeBron James of my generation

Post by tamra »

too young to have died, 60 years old. wow :cry:
Moses Malone, 76ers Star and a Ferocious Rebounder, Dies at 60
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/14/sport ... .html?_r=0
mosesmalone_juliuserving.jpg
Moses Malone, the Hall of Fame basketball player who helped carry the Philadelphia 76ers to a championship in 1983, and whose dominance in the paint earned him the nickname "Chairman of the Boards," has died. He was 60.

His death was announced by the Philadelphia 76ers. A cause was not given.

Malone was one of the first players to go straight from high school to professional basketball, where he played for 10 teams over a 21-year career before retiring in 1995. He played 19 seasons in the N.B.A., won the league most valuable player award three times and was a 12-time All-Star.

Tall and slender, he was known for his ferocious defense under the backboard. In his first season with the 76ers, the team swept the Los Angeles Lakers for the 1983 championships and he was named the most valuable player of the finals.

"It is with a deep sense of sadness that the Sixers family mourns the sudden loss of Moses Malone," the 76ers said in a statement. “Moses holds a special place in our hearts and will forever be remembered as a genuine icon and pillar of the most storied era in the history of Philadelphia 76ers basketball."

He was born Moses Eugene Malone on March 23, 1955 in Petersburg, Va. After graduating high school in 1974, he became one of the first players to go straight to the pros after signing with the American Basketball Association’s Utah Stars. He retired in 1995, after a single season with the San Antonio Spurs.
---
huh? what? who? damn, I'm always the last to know.