Charles Barkley

Discuss the latest news, TV programs, gossip or maybe you got an announcement to make.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
walrusjk

Charles Barkley

Post by walrusjk »

DUI. I know this is a touchy subject but he got screwed. I live in phoenix, my gal is an executive with a liquor distributer and this is the most dangerous place to drive in North America with a couple of drinks in you. I feel it's over the top. He came to a rolling stop at a stop sign and got popped like a zillion others over the last few days. Phoenix installed photo radar last month everywhere and it produced 40,000 tickects in the first month and increased the accident rate. People see it and hit their brakes! Anyone who drives should know the safest thing to do is drive with the flow.
tamra
Pryor's Planet Volunteer Extraordinaire

Re: Charles Barkley

Post by tamra »

walrusjk,

yeah, this was strange. how much does Charles Barkley make? he couldn't afford a chauffeur? so fuck 'em :lol:

then he had open bottles in his car? WTF?! again, fuck 'em?

but I was hanging on waiting for the story, I figured with his crazy self, it had to be juicy. boy was I disappointed. :lol:
---
huh? what? who? damn, I'm always the last to know.
walrusjk

Post by walrusjk »

tamra,
Just to make a point...If he was some guy who was really drunk and plowed into another car and hurt somebody really bad you or anyone else would have never heard about it. I think it's unfair that because of his celebrity they're gonna go after him. He was a bit tipsy, had a few wine coolers in the car and came to a rolling stop. Public enemy #1.
EddieHill

Post by EddieHill »

walrusjk, I hope he keeps his job at TNT. I enjoy watching the Inside The NBA. 1 /3 of the American population that drinks alcohol has had at least one DUI or DWI. It is a big business to make beer commercials to brainwash people into thinking that if they drink they will be under the waterfalls with hot supermodels only to have the customers get into the cars drunk and get alcohol realated offenses. The government does not want to fix the problem because it makes to much money off of the people that gets busted.It is great being sober and it is time to put some people out of business.
:lol:
walrusjk

Post by walrusjk »

EddieHill,
I think you right. I know both... and being sober is a liberating thing. Society allowes countless ways of obtaining booze and then sic's the police and courts on you if you get caught driving. This doesn't seem to me to be the answer. All I know is if everyone we knew got caught everytime they drove over the limit we'd all be in jail. However I can't see a clear answer. Booze is a big buck biz.