I'll say it again..Ruth was theeeeee BEST!

Discuss the latest news, TV programs, gossip or maybe you got an announcement to make.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
walrusjk

I'll say it again..Ruth was theeeeee BEST!

Post by walrusjk »

history.

Babe Ruth holds the record for the longest complete game victory in World Series history. In 1916, as a member of the Boston Red Sox, Ruth pitched 14 innings to defeat the Brooklyn Robins. He only allowed one run in the first inning, then settled down to shut out the Robins for the next 13 innings for the 2-1 win. The Red Sox would go on to win the Series in 5 games.

Babe Ruth led the American League in home runs 12 times (1918-1921, 1923, 1924, 1926-1931.)

In 1927, Babe Ruth's 60 home runs accounted for 14% of all home runs in the American League that year. To put that figure in modern perspective, a player would need to hit over 340 home runs in a season to account for 14% of the American League's total homerun output.

In the late 1920s and early 1930s, Babe and teammate Lou Gehrig were the most feared hitters in baseball. Remarkably, the dynamic duo combined to out-homer every team in the majors except one in 1927.

From 1915-17, Ruth won 65 games, the most by any left-handed pitcher in the majors during that time.

Ruth's career .690 slugging percentage is the highest total in the history of Major League Baseball. (Slugging percentage is calculated by dividing total bases by at-bats.)

Ruth altered the salary structure of the game - via a trickle-down effect. His highest salary was $80,000 annually in 1930 and 1931. He suffered a $5,000 pay cut in 1932 despite hitting .373, leading the majors in 1931 with a .700 slugging percentage, tying for the lead in homers with 46 and knocking in 163 runs.

After the Red Sox sold him to the Yankees, Ruth single-handedly outhomered the entire Boston team in 10 of the next 12 seasons.
Anditsdeeptoo

Re: I'll say it again..Ruth was theeeeee BEST!

Post by Anditsdeeptoo »

walrusjk,

And all he juiced up on was chili dogs and whiskey...

Post by Murphdogg »

Anditsdeeptoo, he was definetly on a steady diet of whiskey and whores.
b.b
Shane God Damned Murphy

shanescomedy.com
Anditsdeeptoo

Post by Anditsdeeptoo »

Murphdogg,

Whores are a great source of protein.
King of the Smilies

Post by bingolong »

Anditsdeeptoo,
...yeah and I know exactly where you can get'em...... :lol: ]:o) ;p
I went to Zimbabwe. I know how white people feel in America now; relaxed! Cause when I heard the police car I knew they weren't coming after me! 
walrusjk

Post by walrusjk »

Just to get back from whores and protien (I sure hope your talking about females). Did you all know that it was a major scandal and rumour at the time that The Babe was, well I hope i don't offend but of black heritage. Apparently he had many physical features consistent with that theory and was openely ridiculed by fans, the papers, fellow players, etc. This was forgotten over time but hey he was an orphan and I bet bet it's probable. It's like in Star Trek when the Starship enterprise first encounters the Romulans and some guy on the bridge see's that they have pointed ears like spock and is suspicious and hostile toward Spock and Spock goes..."They may very well be an off-shoot of vulcans which makes them about the baddest asses we ever wanted to fuck with." I'm para-phrasing. Everyone in unison gulped in fear realizing Spock could kick all their asses by himself, at once, while drinking all the beer and eating all hot dogs he wanted.
Anditsdeeptoo

Post by Anditsdeeptoo »

walrusjk,

That was the best Babe Ruth/Dr. Spock comparison ever! They're two peas in a pod in my book.

Post by EddieHill »

walrusjk, His fat ass had sex with 7 women in one night. I could not break that record, not even in the Philipines. Your right he was the best even with all the booze and shity diet before the days of steroids to boot.
walrusjk

Post by walrusjk »

EddieHill,
I could do 8. Lots of fluids, very quickies , one or two naps and all had to call me master....
Murphdogg
Foot Kisser

Post by Murphdogg »

Anditsdeeptoo,
it's more like you give whores a steady diet of protein.. b.b
Shane God Damned Murphy

shanescomedy.com