Shaq calls out Kobe..

Discuss the latest news, TV programs, gossip or maybe you got an announcement to make.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
walrusjk

Re: Shaq calls out Kobe..

Post by walrusjk »

tamra,
Oh that's too funny. In the 80's my buddy used to tease me saying Laimbeer was better than Birdy. I feel for it every time because I hated his ass so bad I didn't get that he was saying it just to make me mad and then get off the phone and laugh his ass off. Laimbeer was possibly the the dirtiest, most hated, so and so to ever play the game. My buddy is still laughing...
robfharris

Post by robfharris »

tamra,
Somebody has to lose out...
Parish was damn good, but there is still Moses Malone, George Mikan, David Robinson, Hakeem Olajuwon, and Shaq (including his ass flavor) before we get to the Big Cheef, um I mean Chief.

I loved Dr. J, he WAS the show.

Yeah as the years have rolled on I have a greater appreciation for Allen Iverson, 10 years ago, I figured he'd be a guy that looked for his own shot only and his turnovers would be way above his assists. But he has a complete game, defense is not an issue, and is not afraid of anyone's big man. I give AI the nod over 'Zeek because
one: AI's overall skill is a tad better and if he had a frontline close to the Bad Boys the Lakers wouldn't have won anything from 2000-2002.
two: AI has never been seen kissing the opposing starting point guard from the West. Though he did kick his wife out the house but naked and it made "Breaking News" on CNN and him and Jay-Z got something 'Carmen'. THAT BREAKS THE TIE!

As much as I can't call myself a fan of Tim Duncan, the fact is that when he became a Spur... THEY became a dynasty. Three other players had THAT effect, Bill Russell, Larry Bird, and Magic Johnson.
Now that Johnnie's gone, I guess I should start being nice to the cops.
walrusjk

Post by walrusjk »

robfharris,
Geez. I can't argue a single point on that one. Usually AI type guys when they get older and lose a step have it really show but like Nash just seems to be able to make the adjustments and arguably get better. Nash for sure. AI always played the passing lane too much on D but given his size and how he scores is freakish. I also like how he didn't take any shit about his life choices and troubles. Philly has to be a tough place to play. Dump Moses, Barkley, AI? No pride being generated by that organization. Former Celtic greats are invited to attend EVERY single practice. Of course they also had ownership that slipped from that and it showed until this year baby... On another subject...Best enforcers of all time? Lucas or Oakley...
tamra
Pryor's Planet Volunteer Extraordinaire

Post by tamra »

walrusjk,

Laimbeer so-so? awww shit, set it off time! :lol: but does he NOT have a championship ring? and didn't Laimbeer play with Isiah, Joe Dumars and that crazy ass Rodman who was pretty good considering all the nonsense off court. so I'd say he was holding his own as the last white man in the NBA. :lol:
---
huh? what? who? damn, I'm always the last to know.
tamra

Post by tamra »

robfharris,

yeah, you got a point about Tim Duncan there. but David Robinson also laid some groundwork too.

and man how could I forget about Hakeem Olajuwon. he WAS THE MAN!!! I loved to watch him play like I watched Kareem and Jordan - never took my eyes off the screen. man, *sigh* those were the good 'ol days.

I never had that feeling about Shaq. my high school friend attended LSU at the same time as Shaq. he was all people talked about on campus - on and off the court. had female students walking around campus in high heels and shit trying to catch Shaq's attention. and nationwide, Shaq was much talked about before he entered the NBA. I think it was just his breaking the backboard "trademark".

then I finally saw Shaq play, I was like, huh?, he's big, but ummmm... where's the rest of his skills, like make a friggin' free throw when the game is on the line mofo. @.@

but to be honest, I thought Alan Iverson's ass would have been shot literally IN THE ASS and found dead somewhere by now. I remember that throwing his wife out butt ass naked after an argument. that's some shit you just don't do to a woman. I expected her to come back with her sistahs, her momma, some uncles and pretend brothers and whup his little ass to the ground. or they'd shoot up Philadelphia trying to solve that shit :lol: that's some Left Eye/Andre love fo' yo azz :lol: 'cuz they got back together.

but I like AI, he's real, doesn't hold back anything, which is what I like about him. he's not putting on airs, he's just him. but then comes Stern to fuck with AI over petty shit - jewelry, clothing, behavior. I'm like Stern, can you dribble, slam dunk, what? then shut the fuck up because we are paying to see somebody dribble, slam dunk, 3-point, guard and everything else holding a basketball. :lol:
---
robfharris

Post by robfharris »

walrusjk,

I'm amazed Allen Iverson hasn't lost a step and that he still crashes the lane proves him right when he and Larry Brown first butted heads. Brown wanted him to put on 10 pounds of muscle, AI said it would take away from his game. Dude is tough, a former football player. He was one of the top five QB's in his senior class. Would have been interesting to see what direction he went (basketball/football) if he didn't get convicted of assault and serve that time.

Great question... Maurice Lucas or Charles Oakley. Have to throw in Rick Mahorn (would throw in Xavier McDaniel, but he was just crazy and should have just focused on getting 20 points a game). Don't forget about Anthony Mason... he actually scared people, I've been places with him sitting next to me and I walked out the room.

Hmmm... growing up outside of Chicago during the Jordan era, I loved that Oakley HAPPILY accepted actually took the role. He made a statement after a game in '86 when Jordan was about to fight, he pushed Jordan out the way and fought for him, "I know who my meal ticket is."

I'm going with Lucas, he protected Bill Walton. Can you imagine trying to protect a hippie around a bunch of coked up brother's in the 70's?
robfharris

Post by robfharris »

tamra,
You know why his wife didn't call ALL HER COUSINS?

Say it Slloooooowly...

16 MILLION DOLLARS A YEAR!!!

Amazing what you can get away with when you make
Ummm... say... kick your woman out the house NAKED and then go get her to come back home while you are waving a gun and STILL threatening her!!!

Now let's say you kick your wife out of the house, fully clothed even... and let's say, just for contrast... your unemployment benefits are about to run out. ALL HER COUSINS will be over quickly, saying "hey bruh!!! We need to talk".

Know what else
16 MILLION DOLLARS A YEAR
gets you? A well known rapper can tell the world that you slept with another well known rapper's baby's mama and that well known rapper's baby's mama can write a book telling the same exact world that you are a "sexual warrior" and WHENEVAH you came to New York City you called for sex. Yet you still haven't heard word one from a divorce attorney. Because you make
16 MILLION DOLLARS A YEAR
and you have at least 8 more years of making at least

My EX wife caught me cheating one time and promptly kicked me and my 32,000 (plus bennies) directly out the house.
Anditsdeeptoo

Post by Anditsdeeptoo »

robfharris,

hee hee Karinne "Superhead" Steffans said AI had a tiny ashy wee wee...

Thank god none of you have brought up John Stockton... Shocked no one has thrown in Pete Maravich or Dominique Wilkins. Call me an idiot (which I probably am) but I take 'Nique over Bird every day of the week. Of course I was raised in a family that forbade the celebration of anything Celtic.

Post by tamra »

robfharris,

yeah but they are straight ghet-to fabulous! $$ don't white-wash hood. ;-p

once she got back inside, it was supposed to be a knock-down-drag-out, that ended with her screaming to cops "don't you put your hands on my boo!" (only she can)

she then bails him out, and lesson learned - well, for that day :lol: they keeps it real!

unless she was always his "good girl" who only sees the good in him @.@ and $16 million :lol:
---
robfharris

Post by robfharris »

Anditsdeeptoo,
Once again somebody has to be left out. I thought about 'Nique (have to give props to the ORIGINAL S-Curl Man), unfortunately he played during the prime of Bird, Magic, and Michael. No titles, but he went head up on each in match ups so everyone knows he was on their level, so he was a no-doubt Hall of Famer.

I love watching Pistol Pete highlights, there is documentary about his life and they pointed out that his best years in the league were very brief because he was a major alcoholic. He robbed himself of another five all-star years. If he committed totally to his career, he would be one of the three greatest guards of all time, I could imagine him being considered a better player than the "logo" Jerry West.