The NBA is almost as bad as boxing!

Discuss the latest news, TV programs, gossip or maybe you got an announcement to make.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
walrusjk

The NBA is almost as bad as boxing!

Post by walrusjk »

I love both sports. Played and followed both since I was a kid and I'm convinced they're both dirty. With boxing I knew since late Ali but with b'ball I didn't get it until now. The NBA figures which teams should win it and makes it happen. Dallas-Miami gets called fair and Dallas wins easy but no! Shaq and trying to make Wade the next Jordan got the nod upstairs. Phoenix-San Antonio gets called fair and Phoenix wins easy but no! Cleveland-San Antonio gets the nod. Certain superstars get called different than a utility guy! We all know it and accept it! It's crooked and It's almost pro wrestling fixed.....
smjmcomic

Re: The NBA is almost as bad as boxing!

Post by smjmcomic »

walrusjk,

David Stern has said over and over agin if he had it his way it would be a LAKERS, KINICKS final every year.

A few years back it seemed every call went the Lakers way.

:(

I have to amit the Golden State won me over Teams like that keep me watching the game.
"I'm on the Zoloft to keep from killing y'all"

Mike Tyson
walrusjk

Post by walrusjk »

smjmcomic,
Coincident that the worst team beats the best when the best team has an owner who speaks his mind and criticizes how his finals were called the previous year? Ya sure and I'm John Lennon.
smjmcomic

Post by smjmcomic »

walrusjk,

I totaly see where yer coming from but the Mavs were just out played.

I hear Cuban's about to buy the cubs I'b like to that myself.
"I'm on the Zoloft to keep from killing y'all"

Mike Tyson
EddieHill

Post by EddieHill »

walrusjk, The NBA started sucking realy bad when the dream team lost to Greese that does not have a player in the NBA. The inner cities like Saint Louis, took out the goals out of the parks and play grounds and kids growing up do not have a place to play ball anymore , so they stay inside and play video games. Todays NBA players cannot shoot the ball like in the 80`s and they play lazy man zone defense. In the 80`s players on every team could shoot any where on the floor except Kareem, Mark Eaton, and Moses Malone and maybe another player or two that played center. I would like to see the NBA fold and the ABA be reborn where the players only get about a million a year max. NBA players are not worth millions of dollars a year just to throw a ball through a hoop.
walrusjk

Post by walrusjk »

EddieHill,
Better the players than the owners. The players wake up every day after 40 or 50 in pain. They're the ones who work hard and sacrifice their bodies. Sure they have an ego but lets face it to be able to make the NBA you have to have an ego. They wouldn't survive if they didn't and I don't hold it against them too much when it crosses the line into being an arrogant prick. Billionaire owners make huge profits from having a team and don't wake up every day of their lives hoping they can make the washroom. Ask Bird and Walton who both had fussion surgery. Bird with his back and Walton with his ankles. This surgery is where they eliminate the joints and fuse the bones together ie. Walton now can't rotate or flex his feet. his Lower leg and foot are like one.
EddieHill

Post by EddieHill »

walrusjk, I know what you mean. Phil Jackson and Pat Riley had knees and hips replaced. The Lakers did not get anything so far in the offseason, just Fisher. Boston just got better due to trades and they got The Big Ticket KG. It looks like Dallas and Phoenix are loading up on the free agents just to have them on their benches. The Heat signed Smush Parker , big deal, they will get knocked out again in the first round. Seatle and Portland maybe better this year. Still another year without a boat load of awesome centers comming out in the draft because there is a shortage of 7 footers nation wide. That sucks. Mostly guards and forwards at this rate they could make the game coed.
EddieHill

Post by EddieHill »

walrusjk,
The dream team is looking ok but they do not have any true centers and if any one has a true center and power forward that play inside with a good point good could spell upset again next year for the dream team.
Murphdogg
Foot Kisser

Post by Murphdogg »

EddieHill,
I've been saying the NBA is wroked for years, after seeing my beloved Pacers jobbed out in game 7 to the Bulls in the Eastern conference finals bac kin in 97 I was madder then a 4 peckered Billy Goat at a Britney Spears concert. And I've seen it year after year in the nba playoffs, small market teams fucked by the refs. One of the reasons the NBA is shrinking year by year.
Shane God Damned Murphy

shanescomedy.com
Appaloosa

Post by Appaloosa »

walrusjk,
both boxing an basketball can be rigged as the basketball players can be bought to bring the team down by the star missin a few shots...an barely losing..just like the boxer being bought to go down in the round they predict so they can make the money....but then its different than wrestling on tv which the player already know whos gonna lose or win beforehand......so its an act....so you can say all basketball games are not rigged nor all boxers or fights all rigged....just like some games in all sports are left up to the referee to make the call an he makes wrong calls or prejudiced calls sometimes...he is just like anybody else....they oughta penalize the refs if they make a bad call an it costs someone the championship....then they will think twice about callin somthing....if not they will run free like they do now