Jessie Davis

Discuss the latest news, TV programs, gossip or maybe you got an announcement to make.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
walrusjk

Re: Jessie Davis

Post by walrusjk »

tamra,
No that was an explanation for why the two stories mentioned got different coverage. People identify with what they consider to be similiar to them. ie. If someone gets shot in your neighbourhood it would interest you more than if someone got shot on the other side of the country in some other neighbourhood. I'm not saying anything other than the people running the various media go after the stories that give them ratings. If they don't they get fired. Oh ya...If you want to be a prick and get away with it be a cop was my other point.
hellifiknow

Post by hellifiknow »

tamra,

"a crime reporter for the Miami Herald is particularly mad -- for a reason.

"I'm livid. I agreed to conduct a last-minute interview with MSNBC about the case of missing Stepha Henry, the 22-year-old college grad who went missing May 29 from Miami-Dade. I rushed to MSNBC's studio but a few minutes before the interview, I was told that it was off -- Paris Hilton coverage was more important," reporter David Ovalle writes in the Herald's Crime Scene blog"... :X

"boy, go get me something to beat your ass with" RP
Appaloosa

Post by Appaloosa »

hellifiknow,
that might be a little prejucice....when they cover someone that is alive over someone that is dead...i think...personally....in my books.... b.b
hellifiknow

Post by hellifiknow »

Appaloosa,
Reading these posts reminded me of watching the news coverage about James Byrd being dragged to death behind a truck in Jasper TX...I was sitting in a bar with a friend and expressed my shock, anger and ignorance that something like that could still happen and my friend looked at me and said "that kind of shit happens everyday, this time it just happened to make the news."

your right...prejudice, racism...it all sucks.

"boy, go get me something to beat your ass with" RP