Chris Benoit dead

Discuss the latest news, TV programs, gossip or maybe you got an announcement to make.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
tamra
Pryor's Planet Volunteer Extraordinaire

Re: Chris Benoit dead

Post by tamra »

SJD,

8-o wow this is trippy and scary. if the wife was really concerned about her and her son's safety she should have left w/child for safety. sounds like they were isolated w/no support.

but if steroids are found in Benoit's system, this could change the game for professional wrestling in general. only heard nothing but nice things about Benoit. so steroids will place everyone under a microscope.
---
huh? what? who? damn, I'm always the last to know.
abnormalandbitchy

Post by abnormalandbitchy »

tamra,
This story has me pulled in so many emotional directions, Chris was a wonderful showman and preformer,When i first heard i just knew something was off.. it HAD to be murder .. Chris wouldnt just go home and decided to take his famlies lives..Then i heard the news today .. Stranggled his wife.. suffocited his son, and then Monday morning took his own life.. how do these things happen, how does no one feel sojmething is wrong .. I watched as Jeraco said he spoke with him on the phone before he died and yet no one thought anything was wrong?? i cant believe that if Roids where in fact a cause should not someone be held accountable, some one for not accting faster, for not letting the "show" push things so far that he was using them, it says they were prescribed!! .. now not only his chris gone but his wife and most of all a sweet beautiful innocent life gone....i just makes no sense ....
Behind every beautiful thing there is some kind of pain - Bob Dylan
abnormalandbitchy

abnormalandbitchy,
WWE® Shocked At Latest Developments In Benoit Tragedy, Concerned By Sensationalistic Reporting

STAMFORD, Conn., June 26, 2007 – World Wrestling Entertainment is stunned and saddened by the details released by local authorities concerning the double homicide-suicide involving Chris Benoit, his wife, Nancy, and his son, Daniel.

However, WWE is concerned with the sensationalistic reporting and speculation being undertaken by some members of the media following the press conference held by the Fayette County Sheriff’s Department and the District Attorney. During the press conference, the investigating authorities made the following points, all of which run contrary to the media speculation that "roid rage" was a factor in the senseless murders and suicide:

1. The authorities stated that all drugs found in the house were believed to be legal prescriptions.

2. Steroids were not, and could not, be related to the cause of death (asphyxiation). Authorities had no factual basis to speculate as to Benoit’s state of mind, and rightly did not do so.

3. Toxicology tests have not even been completed, so there is no current evidence that Benoit even had steroids or any other substance in his body. In that regard, on the last test done on Benoit by WWE's independently administered drug testing program, done on April 10, 2007, Benoit tested negative.

4. The physical findings announced by authorities indicate deliberation, not rage. The wife's feet and hands were bound and she was asphyxiated, not beaten to death. By the account of the authorities, there were substantial periods of time between the death of the wife and the death of the son, again suggesting deliberate thought, not rage. The presence of a Bible by each is also not an act of rage.

5. WWE strongly suggests that it is entirely wrong for speculators to suggest that steroids had anything to do with these senseless acts, especially when the authorities plainly stated there is no evidence that Benoit had steroids in his body, pending the toxicological reports, and that they had no evidence at this time as to the motive for these acts.

WWE is continuing to monitor the ongoing investigation being conducted by local authorities.
tamra

Post by tamra »

abnormalandbitchy,

the fact that he tested clean in April makes me think something foul is up. it would be a good setup for someone to have killed them then let drugs be the blame.

but if the wife knew how violent he was then damn. she had options, but giving up that lifestyle was obviously not one for her I guess

sad situation all around
---
Murphdogg
Foot Kisser

Post by Murphdogg »

abnormalandbitchy, I was sooooooooooo mad when i read that article on wwe.com...they push their athletes to take steroids, their wellness policy is a joke. Someone needs to take the owner of the WWE down.
Shane God Damned Murphy

shanescomedy.com
abnormalandbitchy

Murphdogg,
Totaly agree! I have only cried over the loss of 2 famous people , the First Dale Earnhardt Sr. and of course the loss of our beloved Richard... this story about Benoit was shocking but it wasnt untill today that the news hit me so diffrently I read about his son daniel and that he had Fragil X - a conditon linked to Autism.. which is ezxactly what my son has Noah my son is also 7 ..that news floored me and i couldnt help but weep for this child. Then I read the Text messages and i ask you. IF some one you called a best friend told you his wife and son were sick , cancelled a show and then sent a message saying "my adress is..." Would you wait till 2-3 days later before telling someone or alerting someone to check on them??? I logicaly know that it may not have saved His wife but maybe just MAYBE someone could have acted sooner to save that sweet boy .. but i guess we will never know.ANd for wwe to erase all his merchandise and info well FUCK wwe and their fucked up family !! yes this is horrible what Chris did is just mind blowing and hard to grasp but god damnit he helped make that sport what it was.. His name is a huge part of that "family" something went drassictly wrong with chris and that is awful! but to do this to his memory is unacceptable!
Murphdogg
Foot Kisser

Post by Murphdogg »

abnormalandbitchy, when you kill a child, you've tarnished your legacy forever. What makes me so damned mad is that the working conditions in the WWE are killing people has been for years. the Federal Goverment needs to take Vince's balls. japanese pro wrestling doesn't have this problem of all these early deaths, you know why? Because the Japanese promoters have conditioned their audiences to respect inring work, not freakish steroided out bodies. You can be fat over there as long as you can work in the ring. And you don't have to travel 345 days a year either. Vince is pimping these guys to death.
Shane God Damned Murphy

shanescomedy.com
tamra

Post by tamra »

abnormalandbitchy,

:( yup that's the part I keep questioning how, as in he killed his son? it's just very hard to accept that, esp. given his son's condition.

and yup definitely too late for WWE to stop selling his merchandise after supporting everything he did. hey, their headquarters is only 30 minutes away. do I need to send the mafia kitty and her loyal pooches over to discuss things? 8-o
---
abnormalandbitchy

tamra,
I say send em in! something has to be done, I know no one is responsible for Chris actions over that weekend but i still there had to have been red flags! had to have been signs something was terribly out of place someone should have acted sooner instead of waiting till monday..And i agree this sport is loseing a few to many and that is a huge concern!
hellifiknow

Post by hellifiknow »

abnormalandbitchy,
I heard this on the news this morning...

"Needle marks were found in Daniel's arm, said Fayette County District Attorney Scott Ballard. He said authorities suspect "that the boy had been taking growth hormones for quite some time," and are hoping to prove that with toxicology. The boy, Ballard said, was diagnosed with a form of dwarfism"....reports have stated that they suspect Benoit of injecting his son with steroids. :X

"I have only cried over the loss of 2 famous people , the First Dale Earnhardt Sr. and of course the loss of our beloved Richard".. ):) ):) ...one for Richard and one for Dale. ):) ..and one for you. :)
"boy, go get me something to beat your ass with" RP